A US Navy ship is visiting Lagos on a humanitarian mission. As part of their visit we got to take a tour of the ship yesterday. Because we get Armed Forced Network I don't watch commercials for Fruit Loops, I watch commercials telling me that many pieces of unclassified information can be pieced together to give an enemy/terrorist too much information. I'm practicing Op Sec and not telling you the name of the ship or the dates it's here. Actually, I really just wanted to use the words practice good Op Sec.
And since I am in one of the pictures you can see my haircut mentioned in the previous post. Unfortunately this isn't and awesome representation of the haircut, but it's the best you're gonna get. Though I look pale, these pictures were before I started to feel like I was going to faint. In the family picture we were actually trying to be sneaky and get a picture of the machine gun up front, but a kind lady volunteered to let me get in the picture too so our trick didn't work.
You may notice the boy scouts. I don't know what they teach these boys anymore, but more of them tried to push me out of the way then help me across the street. AND one of the kids climbed aboard and said, "Is this the British Navy?" He was a Nigerian so I excuse him somewhat. He attends the American School is why he is part of BSA.
Go Navy! Did you hear that they combined our mission with the Chicago South? Crazy Huh!?
ReplyDelete