
On Dec 1st Leah turned TWO!! Here are some pictures from her party - better late than never right?
Uncle Oliver, Aunt Amber, and their kids all came over. Leah was excited all day long for birthday cake and kept begging for it so I had to hide it. She didn't eat any cake at her party, but only ice cream. She LOVES ice cream.
Things we love about Leah:
*She is affectionate. She loves to give hugs and kisses. Nothing is better than a tight hug from Leah.
*She is very talkative. Every day she learns new words and phrases. She will continue repeating what she is saying until I acknowledge it and often until I repeat it. That can be kind of difficult on the days she is tired and slurs her words together and I have no idea what she is saying. She can tell when I'm faking it that I understand it and will keep repeating it. Her favorite phrase of the week is, "oh no, I fell down."
*She doesn't cry much. Usually the "oh no, I fell down" is followed by her getting up and running to her destination. Unfortunately coordination doesn't seem to be a strong point as she falls a lot, but at least she doesn't cry after each fall.
*She is very polite. She loves to say thank you and you're welcome.
*She loves to sing. Today when I put her down for a nap I heard her in there singing for quite some time, Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. She doesn't really sing it in tune necessarily, but she sings it with joy and gusto. We are doing a Christmas advent calendar that always has a song for every day. She doesn't know any of the words to the Christmas songs, but today she stood there flipping through the pages and ordering me to sing, "'nother song." She somehow sings a long without singing any words.
*Her imagination is coming too life. She plays with her Fisher Price Little People for hours. One of the dolls kind of has some resemblance to Dora and it is her favorite.
*She loves Dora! Sometimes when she is just excited about other things she shouts out, Dora! It's similar to shouting Yea!
*She can count to 12 in English and to 10 in Spanish. Thank you Dora.
*She can say her ABC's. Thank you Barney toy.
*She is terrified of Levin in his hunting gear, (camouflage.)
*She is a joyful girl! She is usually good about bed time and Levin and I fight over who gets to get her out of bed in the morning or after a nap because we love the hugs.
*She loves nursery at church. After sacrament meeting she tears out of the chapel on her way there.
*She is generally a very pleasant and happy girl to be around. Not always - she is two after all and they call them the terrible twos for a reason. :)
*We love her so much! I always check on her in her bed before I go to sleep and sometimes it feels like my heart could burst I love her so much.
Happy Birthday Leah!!
Such a sweet post. Happy birthday, Leah! What a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteI love that girl, what a great post. She is so far ahead of Calvin, he is years away from counting to ten in spanish! But at least he can beat her in a footrace. Hug Leah for me.
ReplyDelete