Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Nativity - Flake Style

Monday night for Family Home Evening we were invited over to Uncle Oliver's and Aunt Amber's house to act out the Nativity. I think we were invited because we brought two very important cast members, baby Jesus and the sheep. Please excuse that my pictures are all out of order.

Mary with her baby Jesus.
I'm not sure how baby Jesus came to be wearing the snow flake crown, but pretend it is his angelic halo like in Catholic paintings. He is playing with his gift of myrrh aka remote control. He was so happy in his little basket/manger with his gift.

Left to Right: McKay - Innkeeper and Angel, Ryan - Wiseman, Jared - Joseph, Oliver - Baby Jesus, Natalya - Mary, Leah - sheep, Joel - shepherd.


Our sweet sheep! We turned her jacket inside out. Unfortunately I forgot the hood which would have been a nice touch for her head. She was a good actress and baa'd on cue and was fairly good about only moving when Joel hit her with the broom.
We are so lucky to live so close to our kids' cousins. Leah loves them so much. We told her we were going to Aunt Amber's a little too soon and she begged and begged and even brought me her pajamas saying, "my jacket" so that we could go. We finally went over early. Every day she asks where everyone in their family is, and says she wants Ryan. When I say he's at his house she says, but he's mine!

2 comments:

  1. So precious. It takes me back to the nativities I did with my own cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second to last one is PRECIOUS!!!!! IT brought tears to my eyes....so sweet! I guess it is they way all of their hands are...

    ReplyDelete