Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kolomenskaya

The last Saturday in October we went to Kolomenskaya. I hope I'm spelling it right. It was the first palace built by the Romanov Dynasty. I think originally everything was built out of wood, but many things have been rebuilt, but even the rebuilt stuf is really old. It was so cold that day.
I went inside this church, but it was actually being used so I didn't get to see much. Once again I forgot to bring a head cover and was saved by having a hood on my coat.
We stopped at a little place to have some bleeni (little pancakes) but they were sick. You know when our family doesn't finish something that is sweet it must be disgusting. Here is Oliver with his juice box that I think he later got all over himself. Whoever invented juice boxes? Kids love them, but what a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment