We had such a spectacular time at Disneyland. I could have stayed longer if it wasn't the weekend. The lines were sooo short, especially compared with that Saturday. Oliver was young enough we didn't have to pay for him. The timing was perfect because Leah is in love with Minnie Mouse and Oliver although not at his peak, is in love with Mickey.
The service was good, the food not as good as we'd been told, but at least we didn't spend more money on food than was necessary.
The French were mostly friendly, spoke English, and we only had a few weird things like, oh the light show is starting late tonight, no biggie.
Leah overcame some serious fears. She rode Peter Pan the first day with Levin. We told her she had to go with me the next day and she freaked out. That night in her sleep she started crying, I don't want to go on Peter Pan so we told her she didn't have to. The last morning she was all set to go with me. I was amazed! She was so lucky though because it was one of the few weird moments we had where right when we went up to the ride it unexplainedly closed. It was like 10 am, but suddenly closed. She got over her fears of Buzz Lightyear ride. AND most impressive, we did baby switch and she rode Big Thunder Mountain with Levin. Then I needed her to ride with me since Oliver wasn't old enough. She did it! While we were riding it (it's a roller coaster) she said, I don't want to go down again! Then put on a brave voice and said, but I know we have to. Then she pulled her hat down over her eyes and down we went! Levin got her a lollipop for her bravery. She rode it again with us another day back to back just like that. She has been much less scared at home since then too. Right before we left she was at an all time scary high where a lot of times she wouldn't even go downstairs without me walking in front of her. She hasn't had those fears since we got home. She is still upstairs with me instead of watching Thomas with Oliver since for some reason Thomas scares her, but hey, it is a great improvement. I'm so happy with the change!
Who knows if we'll ever go again, for sure we wont in the middle of summer, but it was a fun time and I'm pro Disney now!
The service was good, the food not as good as we'd been told, but at least we didn't spend more money on food than was necessary.
The French were mostly friendly, spoke English, and we only had a few weird things like, oh the light show is starting late tonight, no biggie.
Leah overcame some serious fears. She rode Peter Pan the first day with Levin. We told her she had to go with me the next day and she freaked out. That night in her sleep she started crying, I don't want to go on Peter Pan so we told her she didn't have to. The last morning she was all set to go with me. I was amazed! She was so lucky though because it was one of the few weird moments we had where right when we went up to the ride it unexplainedly closed. It was like 10 am, but suddenly closed. She got over her fears of Buzz Lightyear ride. AND most impressive, we did baby switch and she rode Big Thunder Mountain with Levin. Then I needed her to ride with me since Oliver wasn't old enough. She did it! While we were riding it (it's a roller coaster) she said, I don't want to go down again! Then put on a brave voice and said, but I know we have to. Then she pulled her hat down over her eyes and down we went! Levin got her a lollipop for her bravery. She rode it again with us another day back to back just like that. She has been much less scared at home since then too. Right before we left she was at an all time scary high where a lot of times she wouldn't even go downstairs without me walking in front of her. She hasn't had those fears since we got home. She is still upstairs with me instead of watching Thomas with Oliver since for some reason Thomas scares her, but hey, it is a great improvement. I'm so happy with the change!
Who knows if we'll ever go again, for sure we wont in the middle of summer, but it was a fun time and I'm pro Disney now!
No comments:
Post a Comment