Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Family Reunion and Vacation

In July we went home.  We didn't get to see my family (little groan) but we also got to land in New York after a 10 hour flight and not try to make a connection for another flight and then a drive.  So . . . oh well.
In New York we had a Flake Family reunion hosted by Levin's brother Taylor and his wife Shelley.  They did a great job and we had a lot of fun!
Here is the whole lot of us.  Not everyone was present and it still looks a lot of people.  Levin's sister and her 8 (yes I didn't make a type-o, it's 8) and his brother and his 3 (now 4) children, plus Uncle Moema was missing.
 We are super duper lame at taking pictures at reunions for some reason.  So I will hopefully some day get pictures from all the other people who were not so lame.  But here are some that I did get - all at the pool.  We did spend a lot of time in Taylor's pool.  It was so fun and they just got a salt water filter and it is the ONLY way to go.  For anyone who may or may not want to get a pool ever, keep that in mind.
 Oliver an Daddy
 Leah being thrown by her cousin Hyrum.  She was so brave.  I ordered those floaties just for the reunion and I loved them . . . and we lost them.  I'm still mourning them.  I felt like they had a teeny bit more buoyancy than others.  Oh well.
 I could not believe how brave she was.

 Teaching babies to go under water.  We did it with Autumn too because I've heard if they don't learn the reflex by a certain age then they can never learn to go under water without plugging their nose - or it is much harder.  And I have to plug my nose and I don't like it.  But Leah doesn't and I think its awesome.  No picture of drowning Autumn though.  She didn't seem to mind too much.
 Grandma and her granddaughters
 This is one of my favorites.  So cute!  Leah is on top of her cousin Joel.  He's . . . 10 I think.
Autumn with Grandma.  It's a miracle I even got to take this picture.  She was sooo clingy with me.  But apparently once I was gone for 2 minutes she was happy, but as soon as I was around she cried non stop to be in my arms and still was only slightly happier once she was.  It was a little tiring.

After the reunion we went to Aunt Lucinda's house and then to Uncle Oliver's where we got to also see our house which was great.  We have such awesome renters.  We feel soooo blessed.  I have to admit I have felt a little homesick since then.  I am looking forward to moving back to our house, but feel quite sad to kick out our renters.  For their sake, because they love it there and it works out great for their personal business, and for our sake because they are taking such great care of it and pay the rent on time.  It's not bad having someone else pay your mortgage!  I am mostly looking forward to having my own yard to send the kids to.  But I will miss that the gardeners here take care of everything.  Ten more months until we move!

1 comment: