Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cute Kids

Just a few cute things happening around here that I want a record of.

#1
Leah:  Did you get a shot when you had babies?
Me:  I did with you and Oliver, but not Autumn.  The shot makes it not hurt so much.
Leah:  Can you be a mommy and not have babies?
Me:  yeah  . .
Leah:  I don't want to have babies because I don't want to get a shot!
Me:  So don't get one!
Leah:  But then it will hurt!  How do I not have babies?
Me:  Well, it is a choice so you can decide not to have them.
Leah:  Okay, I don't want to have babies.  Now what do I do?
Me:  Let me think about that . . 

#2
When we left for vacation I asked Leah if she had a small stuffed animal that she wouldn't mind losing that she wanted to take with us since she likes to sleep with something, but I knew there was a chance we'd lose it.  We picked a little Dora doll we got at a yard sale years ago when she was obsessed with Dora.  For the record, we did indeed not make it home with Dora.  No big loss, but glad I thought to pick one we wouldn't really miss.
One night Leah asked me why I didn't sleep with a stuffed animal and I told her because I was a grown up so we didn't need stuffed animals anymore.
One night when Dora was left at Uncle Taylor's house and we were at Aunt Lucinda's house, Leah needed something and I didn't have anything so I gave her one of Autumn's baby blankets folded up and told her to hug it like a stuffed animal.  She did.
Due to jet lag I have given the kids melatonin a couple of times since we've been home.  One night as Leah was super sleepy under the influence of melatonin I asked if she wanted her Pinky bear because I didn't want to be summoned later when she realized she needed something.  She was insistent that no, she didn't need Pinky.
The next morning she woke up in my bed (she gets there sometimes) and the first thing she said was, "Mom, guess what!  I'm ready to be a grown up now because I can sleep without a stuffed animal!  Yep, I tried it last night and I did it."
Also for the record - the next night she asked for a stuffed animal.  Maybe she's not quite ready to be a grown up afterall.  Good.  I need her to stay my little girl for a little longer.

#3
I will post pictures of our vacation at some point, but I want to describe one thing I didn't get a picture of because I was afraid to wake the kids due to the little sleep they were getting.  At the reunion we had one bedroom at Uncle Taylor's house and our kids slept on the floor, but somehow we lost Leah's pillow when she spent the first night sleeping with her cousins.  SO the kids shared a pillow.  They were so cute!  Other times they purposely chose to share a pillow even when there were plenty and they were in a big bed together.  They'd be asleep with their heads touching right next to each other.  I just love when these kids love each other!  This morning they were kind of wrestling and Autumn was in on the action too and kisses and hugs were shared and I had a big smile on my heart.

#4  
I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but last night Leah always wants to sleep with me so last night I let her sleep with Oliver.  They shared his twin bed.  Good thing they're still little.  Almost every single night Leah comes into our room.  If I'm up with the baby or Levin is in the bathroom she steals our spot in the bed, but usually we keep a pillow and a blanket there and she just sleeps on the floor.  This morning at 5 am here she comes trotting down the hall with Oliver in tow.  I thought oh no, if she has him awake and he won't go back to sleep I am going to be so sad!  But no, they got their pillows and luckily I already had an extra baby blanket in there so I quickly got them both settled and they both went back to sleep.  Phew!  That was a close one.  I do not want this to be a tradition.  Oliver is the best kid EVER at staying in his own bed so we do not want to mess that up!

1 comment:

  1. Cute stories! Have to brag tho that I had your Mom and Dad and sister and niece at my house yesterday for a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete