Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

Our kids lived it up this year for Halloween.  We had a ward party.  I was in charge of helping with food, thanks for being the bishop's wife, and was supposed to help the youth run games for the little kids.  Luckily, the youth are pretty awesome so I was needed minimally.  The Embassy had a toddler play room next door to this room and there is this baby walker that I borrowed for the activity.  Autumn loves it and was quite happy in it while I zoomed around here and there and everywhere helping.
She was a one eyed monster, but it was too hot for the pants and the hood on so . . this is all we got of her in costume this year.
 Leah playing the bean bag toss/twister game.
 Jacob and Oliver being . . . well, Jacob and Oliver.  Both were saying cheese, but neither one looking at me.  If these two get too much of each other it leads to bad news.  Playing for hours at the ward party led to some arguing in nursery the next day and some time out.  But always forgiven they love each other the next time.
 Oliver, aka, Batman was waiting his turn to play a game.  I had to be careful and pull Autumn back or she'd try to drive onto the game board.
 A full week before Halloween, but only 5 days before Embassy Trick or Treating, we carved our pumpkins we got from the Girl Scouts.  Levin and Leah scraping out the guts in hers.  I got the lovely task of doing that for Oliver.

 Leah's was our scary pumpkin and Oliver's our happy pumpkin.
 Ready to trick or treat.  We told Leah she ad to wear the wig.
 After we added the freckles to Leah's face.
 With their mother load of candy after trick or treating.  It is so fast when everyone at the Embassy lives so close together.
 On actual Halloween, the Embassy Community Liaison Officer hosted a party for the kids.  The school kids had the week off for Fall Break and it was pretty crowded in there!  It was the best one they've done while we've been here.  Here Leah is coloring with her friends the Dunsons.
 We went back to experimenting with Oliver an no naps and he was pretty tired during the party.  Of course you wouldn't have known it that night at bed time when Jacob's Dad came home teaching and Oliver was running in circles around him.
 Can you play Where's Waldo with Leah and Oliver?  Leah's not so hard, but if Oliver wasn't standing by her I swear I wouldn't have even found him.
 Playing the mummy game.



No comments:

Post a Comment