Friday, August 26, 2016

Autumn's Birthday

Because in our family we are impatient . . we celebrated Autumn's birthday a few days early.  I don't remember the last time it was actually someone's birthday before we celebrated it. Our shipment was supposed to arrive and then it got cancelled due to a typhoon so I guess I needed something to cheer me up.
I have waited way too long to blog these pictures, but I think part of it is that I wasn't too impressed by the photos - I don't like them at all - so I wasn't so anxious to share them.  But "this is for posterity, so please be honest." (Princess Bride movie)
I will blame the typhoon, but none of us were looking our best that day and I think my phone got to a weird setting so the pictures are all off a little - maybe because this is how my children entertain themselves.  You have no idea how many photos like this are on my phone.


But we still had a great time at Autumn's big 4th birthday party.  I think the friend that helped me shop a little for it thinks I'm crazy that we had a family party only.  Are we the only people on earth that do those?
I got everyone a tea party hat and purse.  Oliver was less than amused to have to wear it, but hey, Autumn wears Ninja Turtle masks at his birthday . . . okay, maybe we shouldn't have made him.  But Autumn was excited and that was what mattered the most right?  Lance RAN up and snatched up the orange one as fast as he could.  And we all know Autumn is pink which leaves Leah with purple which she is always a good sport about because Autumn must be pink in all things.

 




 I wish I'd gotten a picture of this cake.  I was still learning my oven which for some reason always browns the top of things before the bottom and the decorations were in the shipment.  So we bought some candy.  The girls got a jump on decorating while I was changing a diaper and let's just say there were a lot of Nerds and Skittles on this cake . . . a lot!
 I feel like sometimes Autumn truly gets the middle child treatment so we took her out on a date so she could get a little more of Mom and Dad's attention.  We visited a children's play area right be a grocery store I wanted to check out.  She had a lot of fun playing in there!  A lot!  Now that the older kids are too big I need to take the three younger kids there.

 The "main event" of our night out was a Pearl river cruise with other members of the Consulate.  It was hot and humid, but a great time.  The boat ride was short which was probably good for these little kids.
As a follow up to previous posts - this shirt pictured here is the shirt I had made by a tailor.  It looks a little home-sewn and Jenny was like you paid what for that?  Guess next time I'll get her to recommend her former employer's tailor that she claims would have done it for half the cost.  And lastly, the stroller Brandon is in is my stroller that folds down to be carried like a purse.  It is pretty awesome.  It is a little tricky to fold down with baby in your hands, but definitely possible and that night we just jumped right into a taxi - all four of us in the back seat with the stroller.  It was great.  I'm pretty happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment