
Saturday I gave Leah a bite of no-bake cookie and she made this exact same face. All day long she made this "I'm so pleased face." She also overcame her bathtub anxiety that night and was nice and clean in this picture! After a terrifying New Year's dip in the pool she screamed at the bath tub for over a week but Saturday was back to her normal I-love-to splash self.

These potatoes pictured here may have made me as happy as anything else last week. The potatoes on the right are the potatoes I bought the previous week and about the size of what I normally get. The tennis ball is just for size reference. The potatoes on the left (the normal American size) are the ones I found at a new road side stand I went to. You may not understand my thrill, but potatoes (especially mashed) are my favorite food! And can you imagine peeling enough of those teeny tiny potatoes to make a good batch of mashed potatoes? Believe me, I've done it, but it's not fun. And those tiny ones are really waxy and they don't mash well anyway. I bought 2 kilos and as soon as I got home realized my mistake of not buying more. The next day I went back for another 2 kilos. Those teeny potatoes went straight to the garbage and I made mashed potato casserole - yummy yummy!
PS. I used my KitchenAid to mash the potatoes and it was beautiful. I just love that thing and try to plan my menus around any opportunity to use it. We ordered the "slicer" attachment for it and I am just hoping it arrives soon so I can use it to slice beautiful potatoes for scalloped potatoes.
I love that you're thinking in kilos, not pounds, you expat. Also, I'm still horribly jealous of your Kitchenaid. You should do a post about all of the wonderful things you do with it.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness- she is darling! She has the sweetest face!! :) And I'm so excited for you that you found those yummy, big potatoes! Hooray for mashed potatoes!
ReplyDeleteMelissa i promise i am just as giddy as you are about those HUGE potatoes!! How glorious that will make peeling!! YOu will have to show me EXACTLY where you got them from! and hopefully there not as expensive as the ones at shoprite!! HOOARRY!!!!
ReplyDelete