Thursday, February 25, 2010

What We've Been Up To

The first American food chain has arrived!! We've been twice recently. Though they don't have the Colonel's biscuits, they do have his 11 herbs and spices recipe. And I do have to say it's pretty good and I don't even like fried chicken. Maybe I've just been in Nigeria too long. My favorite was the soft serve. I wanted to take pictures, but inside there was a sign saying photography prohibited. Finger Lickin' Good! Oh and it felt really clean and nice inside.
I discovered Lagos has seedless grapes! I went shopping "under the bridge" where I normally don't go. I found these and was so excited. A little bargaining (actually mostly 'cause the lady didn't have change) and I got these for about $6 (that's about one pound I think). And you thought your groceries were expensive.
I normally send Lucy out to buy the vegetables because then she'll be the one to wash them, but this day I had to do it. It wasn't so bad soaking them and I also found red peppers and zucchini. I'm going to have to go back under the bridge more often.
I've been working on finishing up some sewing projects that have been sitting unfinished. Leah kept trying to grab at my stuff so I got her a piece of scrap fabric. I tied it on her head and she said, "pretty" and quickly takes it off. Here she is as my little babushka.
Here she is my little Homey G. Unfortunately she takes the do-rag (sp?) off so fast we couldn't get a picture. I tricked her yesterday by letting her climb the stairs right after I put it on so she was so excited she forgot about it. I was laughing my head off as she walked around in it.
The blue blanket on the floor was my other sewing project I finished. My mother-in-law taught me how to hand quilt and that was my learning project. I think I will never do it again! It took forever especially with Leah trying to crawl on the fabric every time I laid it down to adjust the little hoop I had. And from the front no one even knows I put all that time and didn't just sew two pieces of fabric together. But it was good to learn.
Leah has become our little water baby. She loves to go swimming and LOVES to jump off the edge into Levin's arms. Leah is always a mommy's girl, but not in the pool. Then she is a daddy's girl. Since before she was born Leah has owned a cute swimming suit. She hated the water so much I stopped buying them . . . . just in time for her to like the water. Luckily her Little Swimmer diapers still fit - barely.
Leah is the proud new owner of a mosquito net. After 2 experiences in 2 weeks of getting munched on all night we broke down and got it. I hate the thing! I get all tangled up getting her in bed. It took her a while to get used to too, but I think we're mostly okay now. This is what she looked like this morning when I went to get her out of bed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! Maybe I'm just tired right now, but that all seems exausting! But a neat experience at the same time... Praise be for close clean grocery stores, bug free homes, etc. She is really cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for KFC!

    I'm in shock over your produce prices.

    Leah's looking so big!

    ReplyDelete