Sunday, May 9, 2010

And The Jealousy Begins

Some things about growing up Leah seems to like - for instance she has graduated from high chair to booster. Looks like she's pretty happy in her new situation. She actually spends too much time in this seat because she loves to buckle herself in. I can't count the number of times I've had to unbuckle her when she says or screams "o-en" just so she can buckle herself right back in. She has a HUGE fascination with buckles that I'm a little worried about.
Other parts of becoming "big sister" I'm a little worried about. I was planning to hide this swing in a closet, but got distracted and didn't. This is what I feared would happen. Leah found it and climbed right on in. Leah never had a swing because we couldn't get one to Lagos. I'm a little worried how she's going to handle the fact that this is for the baby and not for her. I've hidden it away to post-pone the fighting about it. I have a feeling this is going to be just one of many things she has a hard time dealing with while becoming "big sister."
This swing was my Craigslist find - it plugs in or uses batteries. Yea! Most just use batteries so I was so happy! I had a Craigslist failure the day before when I bought a bunch of clothes for Leah only to realize that all but 2 shirts were tank tops (which we don't let her wear) and there were very few bottoms. They weren't high end brands like the lady said they were either. We did get in the same deal some baby boy clothes that are pretty good, some never even worn (the lady ended up with a girl instead of a boy) so we were happy with those at least. I guess you can't win them all on Craigslist.

1 comment:

  1. Right after I had Alex I had a friend who told me you don't know what parenthood is really like until you have your second child... This is the kind of stuff you learn. The younger kids want to do the stuff only the older ones get to do and the older ones want to use the baby stuff that the younger ones get. Fun times!! :)

    ReplyDelete