Friday, December 3, 2010

Turkey Success





We actually got our 40 pound turkey in the oven and cooked to perfection AND it was all done in time too, in fact early enough we had to turn down the oven. Levin's brother Oliver smoked a turkey as well. Why would you need two huge turkeys? We were scared one would fail so we had to have back up.

Pictured is my sister-in-law Amber. I was out of the room and came running in to Leah hysterical. Everyone just wanted her in the picture, maybe to get a weight comparison - Leah is 31 pounds, turkey 38. Leah was hysterical however because she thought they wanted her to touch the turkey. Even after Amber put her down Leah looked up at Levin and gave him a good shouting. She was so hysterical you could not understand a word she said, but as her mommy I knew what was going on.

Leah loves the animals, but freaks out if you ask her to touch one. She's also a vegetarian. People don't believe me when I say that. They think I just mean she won't eat beef, but the girl will not even eat chicken nuggets.
Anyway, that was just a small moment in our spectacular Thanksgiving meal which Leah and everyone else enjoyed.

2 comments: