Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Meet Leah's Babies

Leah is not a super girly girl, but she does own some baby dolls. She never paid them much attention until before Christmas we went to New York and had no room for a pack n play so I slept with Oliver in my bed at the hotel. That has posed a big problem with Oliver's sleeping habits, but has also created challenges with Leah's. After that Leah would not go to bed until she had her babies. I need my babies!! They don't have names, just baby and 'nother baby. "I need my 'nother baby!" One night we couldn't find her babies. Oh no! Leah cried and cried and I searched the house and even recruited Levin's help. Finally I let her out of her crib and she ran and got them right out of this bench. I would have never found them.
Not too long ago Leah's Aunt Allyson came to visit and brought Leah another baby! Leah was convinced for a short time that this baby's name was Sally, but now she is just lumped in with her other nameless babies. She now has a third baby to sleep with. Her bed is getting kind of crowded since she went to a Build-a-Bear birthday party and now has her teddy bear in there too. The teddy bear is named Pinky, but Leah never calls her that. Maybe it's our fault as we often refer to Oliver as "baby." I am working with Leah on calling him Oliver, not baby, but we are not having too much success. We need to lead more by example. I think we will once we are not living so close to Uncle Oliver.

3 comments:

  1. That's cute....my 3 year old has weird names for her babies. Shark, Jello, Pipsqueak, Chicken and Fred. Where she comes up with them I have NO IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she likes my baby...don't forget to bring them with you this weekend cause Calvin certainly doesn't have any she can use...I guess she could sleep with Kyla, then maybe I could get some sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. People always ask Adam what his tiger's name is, and he just stares at them like they're crazy. It's just Tiger. He doesn't have a name.

    ReplyDelete