Friday, December 28, 2012

Disneyland - The Rest of the Days

Because we stayed in a Disney hotel (Cheyenne with a nice cowboy theme) we were able to go to Magic Hours which is 8-10 before the park opens to everyone else.  It was a frosty morning, literally Dumbo had frost on his ears.  No pictures of Dumbo, but this Orbitron rocket ship had frost too.  Oliver is squeezed in there.  He was not happy.  Later we got the arrangement worked out better.
 Parachute Drop.  I was amazed neither kid was scared by this - Oliver is on the other side of Levin and LOVED it.
 Autumn and I waiting for the others to ride Slinky Dog.  I don't even know how many times we rode that back to back, but it was a lot.
 Meeting Pluto

 Leah in front of the Rapunzel thingy.  Other people were in the way so we couldn't get the whole thing where she stands inside, but that's okay.
 That is Small World there in the background.  Leah loved it.  The second day we were in Hollywood Studios so we didn't ride it and Leah asked all day, now can we ride Small World again.  It was the only ride Autumn could go on with us, so it was a nice ride.
 Oliver on Levin's head to watch the Christmas Convolcade or something like that - a short Christmas parade.  Note his Tigger gloves.  He loved them.  We had to buy those when we thought I'd lost his other ones.  Turns out they were in the back pack after all!  But these seemed to keep his hands warmer anyway.
 Autumn, mostly always patient, spent a lot of time snuggled in her car seat like this.
 The Christmas parade again.

 These next pictures are from the nightly parade.  We watched it twice.  The second night we followed it down towards the Castle for the light show and got to kind of watch the parade twice in one night.  It was actually really fun.  I liked it as much as Leah.  The song was kind of catchy and gave you that magic of Disney feel.


 Levi holding up both kids for the Christmas tree lighting ceremony.  Yes, his back hurt.  But what a good Dad he did it anyway.
 Then we went to the light show on the castle.  Since most of the time we were each holding up one of the kids we didn't really get a picture, but it probably wouldn't have turned out anyway.
 Once again on Orbitron - this time with Oliver in front.
 This was a fun ride - this is just the sign out front.  We did Baby Switch both times we rode it.  I had to yell at a British kid who ran into the back of me and Leah, but otherwise it was a fun ride!  Leah got to steer while I pressed the gas.  Let's just say she's going to need a lot of driving practice and good thing she has 12 years before she can get a license.

 Coming out of Playhouse Disney.  It rained a lot our last full day so we watched the Playhouse Disney show twice as well as the Lilo and Stitch show twice.
 The kids each got a souvenir, Oliver a Mickey Wild West t-shirt and Leah a Minnie Mouse nightgown.
 Our last morning, we just went to Magic Hours since it was Saturday and the crowds were pouring in.  Leah finally decided she wasn't too scared for the Buzz Lightyear ride and we rode it several times in a row. She even "shot the bad guys."  I think it helped that I had convinced her the bad guys were just cardboard and not real.  In the end I think it may have been both kids favorite ride.
 The Christmas tree.  I don't know how this got out of order.

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm totally curious about what the slinky dog ride looks like...

    ReplyDelete