Saturday, February 1, 2014

Oliver Boliver Butt

I feel like I have been writing so many things about Leah lately that I need to write some things about this sweet kid, Oliver.  In a Dr. Seuss book about Too Many Daves there is a suggestion of naming one of them Oliver Boliver Butt.  So . . I may call Oliver that sometimes, but then I get reminded that we don't say butt.  Maybe that's why its fun to say.
The Sunday before Christmas I asked Levin to take a picture of the kids in their nice looking clothes.  Somehow I didn't get what I really wanted . . . . but oh well, its all we have.  Oliver's isn't even taken that day, but another day, but this is the outfit he wore.  Pretty handsome huh?


Now a few things about Oliver.
1.  Lately he is into the Why?  Mommy, look at me.  Cool, I say.  Then I get, "why did you say cool?" Why are we having pizza for dinner?  Why is the pizza cooking?  Why? Why? Why???  But I decided tonight part of having kids is teaching them, so I'm going to be more patient and try to TEACH him instead of saying, I don't know a million trillion times a day.
2.  At bedtime when I ask him what his favorite part of the day was and he can't think of anything he'll say, "my favorite part of the day was when I love you." And he gives me a big hug.
3.  Sometimes he wake up at night, usually after being in bed only an hour or two, and is bawling his eyes out!  You go down and ask what's wrong and when he finally calms down to talk he says, "I need water."  Whoah!  But of course I always get him some and then cuddle him for a minute so its not so bad.
4.  When he finishes a prayer and says Amen, he always ends it like he is ending a cheer and raises his hands above his head in victory.  Autumn is starting to mimic him.
5.  He still hums when he eats something really yummy.
6.  He hums when he wakes up at night and needs to get resettled.  Mostly this happens when we're sleeping in a hotel room all together.  I think it is Levin's snoring that wakes him up. :)  But he is so loud in a monotone hum and he twirls his hair while he does it.
7.  He used to twirl his hair when he got tired, but he is trying hard not to do it anymore.  I showed him how it made his hair stand straight up and so now when we comb his hair he says, "and I'll never twirl my hair ever again!"  He still does sometimes, but he honestly is tons better.  I guess he just had to make that choice on his own.
8.  He has been out of nursery at church for a couple of weeks and he misses it.  He even started calling it "church" and when I got confused he said, "church with the toys."  But at the time he was explaining it he was mad at me because I won't let him go anymore.  He does behave well enough in primary though.
9.  He used to be so shy, but I feel like that kid is gone!  He talks to strangers almost as well we Leah now.
10.  He loves LEAH!  He gets upset when he can't find her in the house.  He wants to wear the same type of shoes as her, he won't let me start reading his bedtime story without waiting for Leah, he even sometimes tries to find underwear in his drawer that looks like Leah's.  Yep, had to throw that one in there to tease him about when he's a teenager!  My favorite is sometimes he refers to her as "my Leah."
11.  He loves to get new clothes in the mail.  I guess because the girls need more clothes somehow, or when I order his I just get more of the same thing, I don't know.  BUT he is so sad if Leah gets a new shirt in the mail and he doesn't.  I have to beg Leah to try on her clothes, but he is always super anxious to try his on.  He doesn't always like them past the first day of them, but he always loves them at first.
12.  He changes his clothes multiple times a day.  It is below zero outside every day in  Moscow now and he wears shorts and a t-shirt as much as he can unless he really wants to go somewhere outside because he knows I won't let him go dressed like that.
13.  He is definitely a boy, even though sometimes he is so lovey dovey.  He definitely wants the boy colors of plates and cups unless he is REALLY hungry then he'll take whatever.  When Leah talked me into playing Barbies he grabbed a black truck and that was his "doll" with a personality.  His name was Car and he was our friend.  We played again a week or so later and he saw me agree to play and RAN over to get Car and joined right along.
15.  He starts every sentence to me with, "mom, can I tell you something?"  Sometimes it is, can you just follow me wherever I go?
16.  AND lastly, he is such a fun kid!  He is always up for going somewhere or doing something in the house and sometimes when I give him something he wants he'll say, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I love that boy!!  I told him I would miss him when he grew up and he said, we'll just have to get another little boy.  And we are!  Here is hoping his little brother is as fun as Oliver!  And as sweet.  He is the sweetest boy ever!  I'm trying to find other words to say though because no big kid wants their mom hugging them and saying, "you're the sweetest boy ever!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment