So, someone shared a link on Facebook to a Mommy blog called Mrs. Gore's Diary. I read it and it was good. It was basically, like hey, being a stay at home Mom is hard, but remember, I signed up for this! So basically saying, stop complaining about the hardness of motherhood and remember you want/wanted this!
Someone commented who was accidentally pregnant and said something like, why would anyone want to do this? The author posted a link to a previous post she had written so the girl could see the joy in motherhood. I loved it even more! It is called A Letter To My Children to read in 2030.
I'm going to steal part of it. Not all of it is true for me, like she said before she had kids all she thought about was her beautiful hair, but once they were born she'd have shaved her head bald if they needed her to. I never thought about my beautiful hair, (it's not) but I am not sure I would have shaved my head either! Okay, if my kids REALLY needed it I would, but not without a few tears probably.
Anyway, here are the paragraph's that I am stealing, the ones that touched my heart and I agreed with - but I'm not taking credit for them, so it's not plagiarism right? The first paragraph is probably my favorite.
Did you know that I liked to watch you when you didn’t know I was looking and study every curve and line of your face, sometimes while you were sleeping, sometimes while you were watching TV, sometimes when you were coloring? The Bible is right. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. I know it full well.
Did you know that I really didn’t care if you played sports or knew lots of poems or had the longest eyelashes…I just loved you and my favorite thing about you was that you were mine. You didn’t have to do anything to earn my love. It was your birthright, from Day 1.
Did you know that when I was grouchy with you I always felt conflicted on the inside? I couldn’t be happy in my grouchiness against you…it didn’t sit right with me, and so I worked really hard to get over it and enjoy you.
Did you know that I don’t know how I’m going to survive having you grow up? Seriously. If you go to college or get married and leave me, I’ll probably be dead by the time you read this.
Did you know that, in caring for you, I have found more fulfillment than I ever thought possible? Diamonds and fame and wealth are nothing with you under my wings. Nothing.
Did you know that God has used you to help me grow? I have never needed Him more or prayed to Him more or praised Him more or thanked Him more or confessed my failings more. He knew I needed you in order to know Him better.
Did you ever stop to consider how many times you got poop on my hand? Too many times to count. Just thought you should know.
Did you know that, even though you were tiny and young, you ministered to me so many times, and that when my heart was sad, your sweet hugs and your childish ways lifted me up?
Okay, this is me again, but I don't know how to change the font back to normal. For some reason being pregnant for the 4th time in 6 years I have noticed that I feel a little more self-conscious about it. If I lived in Utah with all the other quickly multiplying families maybe I wouldn't feel so awkward, but there are so few people in the foreign service who have 4 kids and somehow I feel like people are looking at me funny and thinking, oh, she's one of THOSE, or wow, is she crazy? Don't they believe in birth control? I don't know why I let those thoughts come to me, but I do and I'm trying not to worry about what other people think. And ultimately, I don't. I love being a Mom. Sometimes I feel burdened by it and tired and frustrated and last night I had to ask Levin to give me 5 minutes of quiet downstairs after dinner. BUT when I think of my sweet angels I can't imagine anything else. I can't imagine my life without them and I love that every time I have a new baby my heart grows in size like the Grinch's and I am filled with more love for the other kids and more than I thought possible. Here is to the greatest job ever!
Someone commented who was accidentally pregnant and said something like, why would anyone want to do this? The author posted a link to a previous post she had written so the girl could see the joy in motherhood. I loved it even more! It is called A Letter To My Children to read in 2030.
I'm going to steal part of it. Not all of it is true for me, like she said before she had kids all she thought about was her beautiful hair, but once they were born she'd have shaved her head bald if they needed her to. I never thought about my beautiful hair, (it's not) but I am not sure I would have shaved my head either! Okay, if my kids REALLY needed it I would, but not without a few tears probably.
Anyway, here are the paragraph's that I am stealing, the ones that touched my heart and I agreed with - but I'm not taking credit for them, so it's not plagiarism right? The first paragraph is probably my favorite.
Did you know that I liked to watch you when you didn’t know I was looking and study every curve and line of your face, sometimes while you were sleeping, sometimes while you were watching TV, sometimes when you were coloring? The Bible is right. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. I know it full well.
Did you know that I really didn’t care if you played sports or knew lots of poems or had the longest eyelashes…I just loved you and my favorite thing about you was that you were mine. You didn’t have to do anything to earn my love. It was your birthright, from Day 1.
Did you know that when I was grouchy with you I always felt conflicted on the inside? I couldn’t be happy in my grouchiness against you…it didn’t sit right with me, and so I worked really hard to get over it and enjoy you.
Did you know that I don’t know how I’m going to survive having you grow up? Seriously. If you go to college or get married and leave me, I’ll probably be dead by the time you read this.
Did you know that, in caring for you, I have found more fulfillment than I ever thought possible? Diamonds and fame and wealth are nothing with you under my wings. Nothing.
Did you know that God has used you to help me grow? I have never needed Him more or prayed to Him more or praised Him more or thanked Him more or confessed my failings more. He knew I needed you in order to know Him better.
Did you ever stop to consider how many times you got poop on my hand? Too many times to count. Just thought you should know.
Did you know that, even though you were tiny and young, you ministered to me so many times, and that when my heart was sad, your sweet hugs and your childish ways lifted me up?
Okay, this is me again, but I don't know how to change the font back to normal. For some reason being pregnant for the 4th time in 6 years I have noticed that I feel a little more self-conscious about it. If I lived in Utah with all the other quickly multiplying families maybe I wouldn't feel so awkward, but there are so few people in the foreign service who have 4 kids and somehow I feel like people are looking at me funny and thinking, oh, she's one of THOSE, or wow, is she crazy? Don't they believe in birth control? I don't know why I let those thoughts come to me, but I do and I'm trying not to worry about what other people think. And ultimately, I don't. I love being a Mom. Sometimes I feel burdened by it and tired and frustrated and last night I had to ask Levin to give me 5 minutes of quiet downstairs after dinner. BUT when I think of my sweet angels I can't imagine anything else. I can't imagine my life without them and I love that every time I have a new baby my heart grows in size like the Grinch's and I am filled with more love for the other kids and more than I thought possible. Here is to the greatest job ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment