I decided since lately my pictures are just random shots that I'd do a post about each of the kids. This is what we've been up to the last 2 months - kind of nothing. Mostly boring. But that's okay. Here we go with the youngest!
Autumn loves to go outside! When anyone leaves the house she runs for her coat. Here she is one day when we went out to play.
She loves to hold things in her hands. Markers are her favorite, but cause too much damage. Glue sticks and Chapstick were her 2nd favorites. For Long time she was really good about not taking the lids off even though she technically could. But a couple of incidents with the Chapstick and we had to put a stop to it. But as long as she has something in both her little mits she is generally happy.She loves to ham it up for the camera and it is nearly impossible to get a "real" face of her. I was worried for a while I'd never have an other picture of her sweet face, but only this wrinkled up nose and squint.
Here she is with coat and hat while still in her pajamas. Sometimes she'll just go sit in the stroller to indicate she's ready to go outside.
I finally learned that if I just wait long enough her cheeks get tired of the "cheese" face and she'll come back down to a normal face and I can get a picture.
Jacob is Oliver's best friend, but Autumn has taken a shine to him. She loves to give him hugs. Luckily, Jacob is a loving boy and likes to hug her back.
Overall, she is a Mommy's girl. At church I have received several offers from people to help out with her during sacrament meeting, but unfortunately, she will not go to anyone so we sit together and have a little circus on our row. Lately, one of my young women, Ellie, has been helping us out A LOT. She sits with us. Last week her it took her entire family that was in the row behind us and we still were not really reverent, but no one had to be taken out. Let's just say I look forward to Levin being released as bishop and being able to sit with us. He thinks he's being nice by saying he'll take the baby out. BUT I will take the baby - he can deal with the circus. Until the baby grows up enough to join the circus.
Autumn's hair is still pretty short in front, but pretty long in back so I can do pony tails. I tried to get a picture for my Dad, but somehow it is hard to get a picture of pig tails unless I put them really on the sides which I did one day, but never got a picture that day.
Autumn is a determined girl! If she wants something she will go for it. She is a scrappy fighter and I can't think of any fight with her siblings that she hasn't won. She has been known to use her teeth. Oliver two weeks later still has two little teeth marks just above his belly button. She tried to bite his knee in sacrament meeting on Sunday, but I grabbed her away just in the nick of time. I am not sure she ever gets full. You can feed her and feed her and feed her and she will still take more. She is our least picky eater too and can't get enough of meat. Crazy since the other kids are barely starting to eat much meat. She breaks into the refrigerator and gets the lunch meat out. If I'm cooking and she's in the kitchen with me I have to sneak if I'm going for cheese or she will scream until she gets some. She can open the dishwasher and pretty much everything else. Wow!
I don't have a picture of her finger, but you can really not even tell she had her "incident." It looks pretty darn normal.
She has started to love TV especially Minnie and Mickey. She points to the TV and gets a little upset if I won't turn it on. Luckily, she is usually pretty dis-tractable so it doesn't take long to move her on to something else. And now I have a trick to get her in off the playground - "you wanna go home and watch a show?"
Lately I've lost a lot of things. I was starting to lose my mind. Then I started noticing Autumn throwing bowls in the trash can. I'm starting to think I know where my missing items went . . .
She is so much fun! She loves to laugh! She loves to pull my hand and then pull down on it so I know I'm supposed to sit and play with her. She doesn't talk too much, but LOVES to say hi and bye! I mean she REALLY LOVES to say them. She also says in the loudest voice possible Da-ee!!! when Levin comes home. She may or may not say it to other men as well . . . I am so blessed with three amazing kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment