Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Leah

Leah started preschool in February.  She really likes it.  The class is wonderful and all the kids get along superbly.  Leah has little friends there and is going on play dates after class sometimes and I feel like I hardly see her!  I need to ask the teacher for some pictures of her in class - I know they have them.  I will hopefully post those some other time.  I wish I had pictures of her all bundled up on her way to preschool, but the snow is gone, hopefully for good!  Leah has always been a little bit of a challenge to get her to get on her shoes, etc. all by herself. BUT preschool starts and miraculously, she can get into her snow pants, boots, coat, gloves, and hat.  And grab her lunch box with a snack with no complaining or prodding.  I LOVE IT!  

She must be learning wonderful things in Primary at church.  One day after church she said, Mom, I'll wash the dishes, you just go sit down and be lazy.  I obliged. :)  She did a pretty good job and most of the dishes were cups and breakfast bowls since I don't think we'd eaten dinner yet.  She put them all on the counter behind her to dry.  Later she wanted a glass of water and I was obviously still being lazy like she told me to be.  I told her, you don't need me to get you a cup down, just go get one of the ones you washed.  She wouldn't drink out of them saying, uh maybe, what if I didn't do a good job or rinse the soap off well enough.  I figured if the washer isn't brave enough to eat off her own dishes, maybe the rest of us shouldn't be either.  So I may have snuck them into the dishwasher later.  But I was still proud of her!
Leah lost her first two teeth! I don't know what age is normal to lose a tooth so I was a little nervous after she lost her first one that we'd kind of knocked one loose, but her cousin Calvin lost one not long after her and he is a couple of months younger, so I figured it was okay.  She lost it in ballet class and the other at home.  She got rubles for the first tooth and so she wanted us to write a letter to the tooth fairy with the 2nd tooth asking her if she could have dollars this time instead.  It worked.  Both times she bought a little Russian Milky Way from the commissary and both times she had enough money to buy one for Oliver too.  I was really proud of her that she just volunteered to buy one for him too.
 Here she is at her friend Alexis's birthday party.  I wonder how long after we move here will Leah talk about Alexis.  Leah loves a good birthday party.  I told her it was too cold to wear a skirt so she wore pants underneath and then took them off as soon as we got there.

 Alexis
 Leah is friend to everyone!  This is a bad picture and I'll write more about our visitor Lilly later, but Leah since she was a baby has always assumed any visitor to the house was there to play with her.  Sometimes we have to remind her to get off of people, but I love her friendliness and there has never been a person she didn't want to play with.  What a great quality in a kid.  I hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment