Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Chocolate World In Hershey Pennsylvania

In September we had Leah miss a day of school and went to visit Levin's brother, Taylor and his family, in New York.  We decided to take a long cut and go to Chocolate World in Hershey, PA.  A good time was had by all. 
Here is Autumn on the ride that explains how they make their chocolate.


We had been to Chocolate World before we moved to Russia.  When we were in Russia Leah kept talking about the zoo with the dancing cows.  I realized about a year into this that she was talking about this Hershey Chocolate ride.  Ha ha.  Here are the dancing cows!  I wonder if she knew they weren't real when we went before.  She was only 2, so who knows.
The kids and I went to the 4-D movie.  Autumn got so scared I guess that she completely passed out asleep in my lap.  It was really fun.  Because they were the only children, it being a school day and all, they got a lot of attention because the movie talks to the audience and tailors it to them.
My personal favorite part was when Leah, Oliver, and I got to make our own chocolate bars.  Okay, it was a little more hands off than I realized it would be, but I guess a little more factory like, and we were at a chocolate factory.  Aren't they cute in their hair nets and aprons?
The kind tour guide offered to take all of our picture so I now have documented proof of how I look in a hair net. :)  I think I wore a hair net when I worked in the dishroom my freshmen year of college . . .
Leah's bar on the conveyor belt.
Waiting for our finished products.


Unfortunately, I only have one picture of our actual stay in New York.  We went to . . . you guessed it, a farm!  It was a little chillier than in Maryland so I wasn't quite expecting it.  In this picture Autumn who normally will only hold my hand was freaking out to hold Oliver's hand.  Finally he let her and she was happy.
The kids and Levin did a little swimming in Taylor's pool, but it was too cold for me, Lance and Autumn.  Mostly we just had a nice relaxing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment