I wish I had a cute picture and all to go with this, but I don't, but it is the most recent of things I vow to write about on my blog, but haven't done . . as you can tell. The kids are always saying and doing wonderfully cute things that I want to have a memory of so I'm going to try and get back to recording them here.
Yesterday Oliver had a doctor's appointment. He's behind on his immunizations and its time to get him ready for kindergarten registration next week. I have been putting off taking him to our new doctor here because he was only sick while we were on vacation and I knew this day was coming with a Kindergarten physical required also so I just waited until I could get the physical form.
Oliver has accompanied me several times to take Lance and Autumn to the doctor and Leah who recently had some dental work done keeps coming home with fun little treasures from the dentist. You'd think Oliver would be glad he wasn't the patient, but he was actually really excited to be the kid being focused on. He remembered in Moscow before we left we got TB test shots and he was sooo brave! Braver than Leah we might add. So he wasn't scared for his shots.
I thought, how sad that this kid is so excited for attention he's willing to get shots for it! He had a small moment of panick before the first shot when he saw the needle, but was sooooo brave!! We also discovered our "runt" isn't such a runt afterall. The doctor plotted him on the 4 yr old line, but he's almost 5 so I had Levin and I plot it again on the growth chart when we got home. The numbers were less impressive, but Oliver is 75th percentile for height and I think 50th for weigh. Our other kids are at the top of the cart or off the chart so you see why we think of Oliver as a runt. That morning I'd put Lance (not quite 10 months) in a shirt Oliver got for his 2nd birthday. So you see . . . anyway, I'm happy he's not really a runt afterall. It's all in comparison.
I promise I'm getting to the cute story . . . so I took hiim to McDonalds afterwards. Levin had Autumn at home while he teleworked (iPads make great babysitters) and so Lance, Oliver and I went to McDonalds. I even let him get a happy meal which is a real treat to our kids. There was one other little girl in the play place with her Dad. She was super friendly and she adn Oliver hit if off! They had tons of fun playing together. We had to leave a little before them and Oliver left nicely so I was really proud of him since I know he wanted to stay. This girl was pretty amazing so I had even let us stay a little longer than I intended. Oliver hopped in the car and said he got to drive because "Daddys always drive." She didn't mind, but I made a mental note to make sure I'm not raising a sexist. :)
When we got in the car to go home Oliver looked at me and said, "I love that girl." Now Oliver has claimed multiple times he'll never love another girl besides me and Leah. And he didn't say it in a super excited wow that was fun kind of way. It was totally serious and almost tender. I couldn't even laugh or make light of it at all. All I could say is, "I know you do honey." And we went home.
He has the most tender heart. I love it so much. I just hope his little heart doesn't endure too many heart breaks when he's finally older to really do something about loving girls. He would give anything to his sisters and I can just see it when they innocently break his heart and I feel so sorry for him, but unfortunately, such is life.
Yesterday Oliver had a doctor's appointment. He's behind on his immunizations and its time to get him ready for kindergarten registration next week. I have been putting off taking him to our new doctor here because he was only sick while we were on vacation and I knew this day was coming with a Kindergarten physical required also so I just waited until I could get the physical form.
Oliver has accompanied me several times to take Lance and Autumn to the doctor and Leah who recently had some dental work done keeps coming home with fun little treasures from the dentist. You'd think Oliver would be glad he wasn't the patient, but he was actually really excited to be the kid being focused on. He remembered in Moscow before we left we got TB test shots and he was sooo brave! Braver than Leah we might add. So he wasn't scared for his shots.
I thought, how sad that this kid is so excited for attention he's willing to get shots for it! He had a small moment of panick before the first shot when he saw the needle, but was sooooo brave!! We also discovered our "runt" isn't such a runt afterall. The doctor plotted him on the 4 yr old line, but he's almost 5 so I had Levin and I plot it again on the growth chart when we got home. The numbers were less impressive, but Oliver is 75th percentile for height and I think 50th for weigh. Our other kids are at the top of the cart or off the chart so you see why we think of Oliver as a runt. That morning I'd put Lance (not quite 10 months) in a shirt Oliver got for his 2nd birthday. So you see . . . anyway, I'm happy he's not really a runt afterall. It's all in comparison.
I promise I'm getting to the cute story . . . so I took hiim to McDonalds afterwards. Levin had Autumn at home while he teleworked (iPads make great babysitters) and so Lance, Oliver and I went to McDonalds. I even let him get a happy meal which is a real treat to our kids. There was one other little girl in the play place with her Dad. She was super friendly and she adn Oliver hit if off! They had tons of fun playing together. We had to leave a little before them and Oliver left nicely so I was really proud of him since I know he wanted to stay. This girl was pretty amazing so I had even let us stay a little longer than I intended. Oliver hopped in the car and said he got to drive because "Daddys always drive." She didn't mind, but I made a mental note to make sure I'm not raising a sexist. :)
When we got in the car to go home Oliver looked at me and said, "I love that girl." Now Oliver has claimed multiple times he'll never love another girl besides me and Leah. And he didn't say it in a super excited wow that was fun kind of way. It was totally serious and almost tender. I couldn't even laugh or make light of it at all. All I could say is, "I know you do honey." And we went home.
He has the most tender heart. I love it so much. I just hope his little heart doesn't endure too many heart breaks when he's finally older to really do something about loving girls. He would give anything to his sisters and I can just see it when they innocently break his heart and I feel so sorry for him, but unfortunately, such is life.
No comments:
Post a Comment