Okay, so I know I should edit these pictures, but I don't really have time so . . . here they are even if they're so dark you can't see. And I just discovered a new problem with my phone is only half hte pictures go from the phone to the computer. Lovely. Just lovely.
We have an indoor play place. I hate it. The kids love it. It is tiny and just taking my five kids it feels over loaded and there is not really a place for an adult to sit down. There were 3 nannies with little boys there and I was so worried my kids would hurt one of the little boys. Then my kids started fighting and embarassing me . . . so I have a little PTSD over the whole room. We may never go back. But considering it rains a lot here . . curses.
There has been a lot of coloring going on here. I also secretly - or not so secretly - hate crayons. My kids love to color and crayons are forever scattered all over the house and then they cry when they can't find the color they want . . the color they took to their bedroom or the color they dropped and didn't care at all to pick up. But it keeps them happy.We went for a walk to see the kids school. They were super duper grumpy. It may have been pretty hot that day. And it was fenced so Oliver thought it was a waste of time because you couldn't see anything anyway.
We hope to go visit this Canton Tower soon. The kids are terrified at the threat that we're going to make them go to the top.
If you can catch the playground before it gets too hot, but hot enough that it's melted off the rain from the last rain fall, it can be a pretty fun place. It rains every day here sometimes several times, but there are enough windows that have to catch to go out. This day I think I made us stay a little too long and then suddenly it was pouring down rain. Our apartment seemed close when we walked to the play ground, but walking home with Lance refusing to walk because of the rain and the scary bushes . . . it took a while. We were soaked. And then our air conditioned apartment felt FREEZING.
This day we didn't catch a rain storm and Lance got so hot. But he had tons of fun!
Luckily Lance is a little scared of the water and stays close to the edge. I took the kids alone once. I'm not sure how soon I'll do it again. It is mostly for when we come back in and everyone is freezing and dripping and I have too many kids that can't change themselves when they're freezing and wet and I don't like being feezing and wet either. I'm going to master it though . . it is nearly impossible ti get the stroller in so last time Brandon sat in his car seat while the kids swam and I stood near Lance trying to be the life guard since the real life guard doesn't actually really look at the kids.
The swimming pool has the same problem as the playground. Just when you get everyone ready it starts to rain. Then I'm panicked because Lance and Brandon are only in swim diapers ( don't hold the wet it.) Once while we were out there in the evening with Levin we caught a down pour and all got mostly successfully under umbrellas to wait it out. One of our children, who shall not be named, has a problem with after being in water for 10 minutes has to go to the bathroom no matter how recently she went before getting in the water. So there isn't ever time to just dry off before coming in. And with the rain and high humidity we'd probably only dry off so much anyway. I just realized this picture of Autumn below may lead you to believe the "she" mentioned above is here . . it's not.
Otherwise there have been countless hours on TV and iPads. And maybe lots of fighting and yelling. I'm sure our downstair neighbors hate us. They're Indian. I wish they didn't speak English, but they do.
I miss our back yard! But I did look at a picture and saw the mowing and all the yard work and I guess there are trade offs.
No comments:
Post a Comment