Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Lost Year: Pump It Up Party for Oliver and Lance June 2016

Before we move over seas the government gives us 10 days per diem of hotels and food.  So . . . we had a birthday party on one of our per diem days.  It was a little early because we wanted to make sure Oliver's school friends could come and his birthday was on the last day of school.  He had friends from church and school come.  It was tons of fun an although I'm not sure we'd spend our own money on such a party, it was sooo nice to not stress out about having the house ready or games planned and best of all - no clean up!  They do it all for you!
The bouncy house stuff was a little too big for Lance, but he still had a great time.  Gosh I love this kid!  I wish I could go into this picture and kiss his little cheeks all over and rub his soft head.
 Oliver had a great time!


 I always feel obligated to include a picture of the sleeping baby so that they know they were with us and that we love them.






 You may notice a line on Oliver's head right here.  He tripped on something and hit the wall not long before we left for the party.  Reminds me of when Leah's fingers got smashed on the door on the way to her 5th birthday party.  Autumn hit her head hard on a door a few weeks before this and Lance fell down and hit his head on pavement probably a few days after this.  Good thing they have tough noggins!
 The boy on the left here now lives in our house in Maryland.  It is a little strange seeing his picture on Facebook in our house!  It makes me a little homesick.  But I'm so glad he gets to live there!  I hope he's loving it.
 You get to sit on a little thrown to open your presents.  It was really fun.
 Lance was very eager to climb up on the thrown, but got a little shy and wouldn't really look up at anybody while he was opening his presents.  The Walters and the Hales were so thoughtful and got him his own presents even though most the friends were Oliver's age.
 Happy Birthday Oliver and Lance!!
 This is off topic and not a great picture - I couldn't get a good one and wasn't patient enough.  But Lance had this sweet little corner behind the chair in our living room where I could often find little treasures he had deposited there.  He'd climb back there and play and I thought it was the sweetest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment