Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's a Boy

This is old news, but maybe for friends not on Facebook it's not. We found out 2 weeks ago that we are having a boy. The bad news, we don't get to use Leah's hand-me-downs. The good news, I get to go shopping!!

I have a problem. We already decided on the name of the baby. I had to agree to the name of our first son before Levin would marry me (or something like that) so we've known for a long time what our boy's name would be. The problem is that I am kind of superstitious and to me calling the baby by his/her name a long time before they are born is like buying your wedding gown before you've been proposed to. However, I still refer to Leah as "baby" sometimes so when I refer to baby boy I don't know what to call him. I guess the solution woul be to stop calling Leah baby. Hmm . .

I'd post a picture of the ultra-sound, but the only picture the doctor printed for us is the one showing the gender and somehow that seems like fetal pornography or something.

5 comments:

  1. Please tell me that his name isn't going to be Jake. :) I keep telling William that our next child HAS to be a girl because we can't afford to buy a bunch of boy stuff just yet. We'll see whether wishing really will make it so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for one of each. I am glad I had a boy first because my girl wears boy clothes then when we go out in public I slap a bow on her head.
    Anyway, I hope your pregnancy is going well! You should post a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote you tell Levin that he can force you to name the baby what he wants as soon as he gets pregnant... Hee, Hee. Go ahead and name the kid Rulon! Oh wait. I don't have to try to pawn that name off on other's anymore because I'm all done having kids and don't have to worry about Doug trying to name our kids that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you will have a boy and a girl! Boys are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boys are so fun! I promise not to tell you any of the bad stuff they do, only the good...

    ReplyDelete