In the texting world LOL means, laugh out loud. Two times recently I've wanted to use LOL as my response to a text and a Facebook message I received even though I don't use texting lingo. Unfortunately, LOL is overused in my opinion and I didn't feel that responding with LOL would let the sender of the message know that I REALLY DID laugh out loud. Here are the messages I received.
1. A post on my Facebook "wall" by a guy I served my mission with. It said, "you should probably know that when we sing true to the faith I always think about how much you hate it . . . . which has made me hate it as well. nice job."
Now you may not have thought that was so funny even though I did. However, I think you will find the next one funny because who wouldn't?
2. A text received this afternoon from Levin read, "I just split my pants crotch to crotch and have had to try to hold a suitcase in front of me before I can get away and go to the hotel!!"
That one still makes me laugh out loud. But as you can see, I couldn't just respond to these with a little "LOL." That would have not let them know that I really really laughed out loud.
Permissions: I did ask Levin's permission via text message if I was allowed to post this on my blog. He agreed. I did not ask Elder W. if I could post his, but since he already posted it on Facebook and hence the world wide web has access to it, I figured I didn't need to.
i lol'ed at your post:)
ReplyDeleteLOL. I loved both.
ReplyDeleteFor the record, I resisted using lol myself for years because it just seemed lame. However, in the last few days I have found myself using it a lot. I asked myself why & the answer was laziness. Your post kicked me in the pants. No more laziness!