Two years ago I bought Levin a Wii for Christmas. Usually people have the idea that a man with a video game system plays while ignoring his wife and children. I gave it to Levin and said the rule was he could not play without me except when I was gone. At the time I was in America after the birth of Leah so we got him a war game and he played that while I was gone.
He has never once brought that game out since then. In fact, Wii has become quite a family affair. Levin and I have always played together and often the loser of a Grand Prix on Mario Kart changes a diaper or something. Sometimes women seem surprised and say, "you play with him??" Yes! It's not like we're playing Grand Theft Auto or something.
Anyway - now that Leah is older she plays too. We hadn't played Mario Kart for quite a while until the last 2 nights. Leah sits right on the couch between us with her wheel (we have an extra) and even yells sometimes when we crash. She gets quite into it. That's the picture I wish I had - all of us playing Mario Kart together.
In the mornings sometimes I do Wii Fit and Leah stands in front of me and runs in place. Sometimes if I know I have no chance to win the obstacle course I'll even fall off on purpose because it makes her laugh. We have such a good time that yesterday she kept bringing me her Wii remote (no batteries in it) and pointing it at the TV and begging for me to play.
So video games, fun for the whole family, not just the addicted husband.
Nothing wrong with that!
ReplyDelete