Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Warning: The Alphabet Can Be Dangerous!

Since I told Levin's pants splitting story, I figured it is only fair I should tell my own embarrassing story. Sunday morning while we were cooking breakfast I started playing with Leah's little magnetic letters that are on the refrigerator. I stuck the little "a" on my pinkie. I've done this before and it comes right off. Well, I guess since the last time I have done it, I have turned into Fatty McButter Pants because this time it got stuck. It was seriously stuck! Ice water, a hot shower, butter . . . NOTHING worked. Unluckily and luckily, our friend Spencer had come over to watch the BYU game in the middle of the night and was still around to witness my humiliation, but also to help Levin pry it off with pliers. This was nothing simple and I thought many times they'd break my finger. But two pairs of pliers, a pair of scissors, a butter knife, and some matches were all needed to free my poor little pinkie finger and save me the embarrassment of attending church that way and explaining to people why my finger was turning purple and had a strange yellow "ring" on it.
I learned my lesson.

As a Post Script on Levin's pants. He brought them home and they were not quite as bad as I'd envisioned. Lucy took them out yesterday and got them fixed for less than a dollar. Sweet! I am going to miss Lucy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! I'm so sorry that happened! Ouch! ... and I'm sorry but I have to honestly admit that I was laughing while reading this story! ..But it was a sympathetic kind of laugh - like I was laughing with you, ya know?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still laughing.... hang on...

    Okay. Glad you got it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard...that totally sounds like something that would happen to me. Rick would've been mad at first...but would've laughed his head off and had a hard time getting it off. Too funny that ya had company over at the time to make it even worse! :)

    ReplyDelete