Thursday, September 30, 2010

PBR - Professional Bull Riders

Last weekend we loaded up the kids for our third road trip in I think 6 weeks and went to Charlottesville, VA for a rodeo! It actually wasn't a full rodeo, just bull riders. I didn't realize until we got there this was serious stuff, not just some local rodeo. Last year's world champion was there! There were also some pretty famous bulls there. We had a few Australians (an Australian won) and some Brazilians too. When we first got there it was so loud and they were doing pyrotechnics (is that right?) and I was a little scared for my children, but they did awesome! We had a fantastic time. We met Levin's sister's husband and his two children down there (up there for them) and also Oliver (Levin's brother we live very close to) and his family. We had such a fantastic time!

Mine and Levin's forget to bring inside the camera streak continues so these are pictures Justin gratefully shared with us.
What an awesome family! :) Aren't we cute?! I know we are because a lady a row up and over kept holding her camera over her head so she could take pictures of us. Ha ha. Isn't that funny? There were a few kids around Leah's age, but Oliver was the only baby in the arena.

Sunday morning we woke up early and before church went to tour UVA campus. It is a beautiful campus and we saw Edgar Allen Poe's dorm room. If I look tired it's because I was.

Here is my baby boy! You couldn't see him so well in the other photos because I had him all covered up in a blanket. Rebecca, this is the blanket you sent us with Dani. We use it all the time! It is the perfect size and thickness.

Here is Leah. The morning before we drove down to the rodeo we had some pictures taken of her at Sears and she turned into a little modeling queen and was more than happy to model for Uncle Justin. If Sears ever gets us our pictures I'll scan and post.

2 comments:

  1. I love UVA's campus and Charlottesville! What a pretty place to spend the weekend. And I'd be tired, too, if I picked up two extra kids overnight. j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; you are a cute family.

    ReplyDelete