Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Flake Reunion

It's been a long time since I posted. Levin started language training yesterday so vacation time is over and it's time to get back to normal/organized life. I'll try to get updated with all that we've been up to for the last month and a half.

First, was the Flake reunion. Would you believe Levin and I didn't take a single picture the entire time??? What losers! I blame Levin. It is in my genetics not to take pictures (right Mom?) Unfortunately, Levin was pretty much busy non-stop and I was usually with Leah, who happened to be sick, and Oliver. I stole some pictures from the Flake Family blog to share with you. At some point I hope to get copies of other people's pictures and maybe I will post more, but don't hold your breath.

Here is the Fam Damily - this is all of us. Only Levin's brother's wife, Siobhan, and two of there three boys were missing.

The rodeo was the highlight of the reunion for most people. Here is Joseph riding our calf Milky Way. Ride 'em cowboy! Milky Way refused to move in practices for the rodeo, but he did a darn good job the day of the rodeo. He was wild and crazy! We actually had one injury - I'll post a picture later.
This is Oliver's son Ryan riding a different calf. I don't have a mutton busting picture, but the sheep did awesome in practice, but horrible the day of the rodeo! They wouldn't move! That is why they are now frozen in my freezer in the garage. Yep! The sheep became lamb-burgers on Labor Day. The lamb-burgers were delicious and Sunday I made a lamb roast that was pretty darn good if I do say so myself. That'll teach the animals they need to perform during the rodeo.

Another part of the reunion was Amber, who is a professional photographer, took pictures of all the grandkids just on the fly Sunday after church. She got this cute one of Leah which was pretty good considering Leah was sick and never smiles for me. She does love Amber though. She runs after her saying A-mer, A-mer!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! And I LOVE that picture of Leah! What a cutie!! I love her sweet smile! :)

    ReplyDelete