Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome to Moscow

Well, we made it. Here are the only pictures we've taken so far. We went downtown on Saturday, but our temporary housing is pretty far out and surrounded by a lot of other expats so otherwise it kind of feels like we're in America except that I don't have a car and can't go anywhere. We did get an ice cream cone from McDonalds later, but Levin ordered it while I waited outside with the kids. I hear when you order a Big Mac the only difference is you say Beeg Mak. Too bad I don't like Big Macs so I might have to learn a little more Russian.

Left to Right - VERY expensive shoppingm all, St. Basils, and Kremlin.






Leah outside the Balshoi ballet house. She was sad we couldn't go inside and see the ballerinas.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, the Bolshoi is beautiful inside! I heard they have renovated it, so it's even better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mall at Red Square (GUM in English GYM in Russian) used to be normal Russian shopping, no different than anywhere else in the city.

    And, a Big Mac is indeed a Beeg Mak in Russian. I always got a cheeseburger, which is pronounced cheezburger in Russian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I can't believe you are in RUSSIA!!! Very Cool! Have fun! I haven't abandoned you. I still read your blog I just don't find the time to comment as much. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were there already! Oh wow.

    ReplyDelete