Here is Leah pictured with her magic school bus. When we were in Maryland we got an old school cartoon from the library about a magic school bus. Shortly after, I bought Leah this school bus. She loved it and called it her magic school bus. They had two, but I had to choose between this and a pair of snow boots for Oliver. I still regret not having three more dollars in my purse to get the other one since both kids loved it. When we got to Moscow we took buses a lot and even though they were rarely yellow Leah called them all magic school buses. Then, one night Levin start telling Leah stories about Jimmy Jo the Magic School Bus. Now almost every night I have to tell her a Jimmy Jo story. So now, when we see buses out and about Moscow, like yesterday, Leah points them out and says, look there's Jimmy Joe!
As you can see school buses are a bit of an obsession with Leah and she's excited to go to school. We thought about sending her to the pre-school here at the Embassy when she gets older. Guess how much it costs? $5000 per year. What?! That is college tuition and this is only part-time. So . . . we are thinking we will be doing pre-school at home. I seem to be the only person who seems to bat an eye at this which I find strange. So I'm worried she'll be the only kid her age not in pre-school and won't have any friends, but I'm going to stop worrying about it. She's not even 3 yet anyway and I would only do pre-school the year before school if we did do it.
How cute!! I love hearing the things that kiddos say!! She is so cute! & I can't believe preschool is that much?!?! Wow! ...Thanks for posting such fun pictures and stories! I love hearing about you and your cute family and all of your adventures!! :)
ReplyDeleteTry valuesparenting.com (joy school). If you can find a few other moms you can create a small class and trade off weeks to teach. I did it for two years with Madelyn and will be starting a group with Kaelyn soon. It is really fun for the kids and a great way to meet other moms and make friends.
ReplyDelete