Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Failure

I am a failure as a mother. A friend at church gave us an IKEA gingerbread house kit. Maybe we weren't careful enough, but two of the walls were broken and well, I couldn't fix it. I made the frosting, which by the way all the recipes I found online included raw eggs. So we ended up with Leah decorating a roof and Oliver eating candy and pieces of the wall. The walls were actually quite tasty. Oh yeah and the commissary had promised to have their Christmas candy out so I got the kids all excited, we go to the commissary, and nothing. So we used marshmallows, fruit Mentos, and M&M's. Worst gingerbread house ever!

2 comments:

  1. If the kids were smiling then you didn't fail! I'm sorry it didn't work though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about the gingerbread house. I'm sure they had fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete