We finally got enough snow to go sledding a few days before Christmas. This was the 3rd time we went out (just at the Embassy), and finally remembered to take the camera. For some reason Oliver wasn't as happy this time, but I promise the other two times he LOVED it. We couldn't get him off the sled. He'd just sit there and wait for more and laughed on his way down. When we'd ask if he wanted to go again he'd shout, "SURE!" The two little hills here at the Embassy are pretty small. We're hoping to go somewhere better over the break in January, but the snow is all melting!
Normally they build a little ice rink on the green here at the Embassy. The bad news is, not yet this year. The good news is, because it hasn't gotten cold enough. It has to be below 5 Farenheit for 2 weeks straight before they will build it. Maybe I won't complain if it never gets that cold. I've heard that last May they were chipping away the large pieces of ice from last years rink - Yes, that's right I say MAY, MAY and the ice wasn't melted on its own. Oh mamma mia!
See, sledding is a lot more fun than skating. And it takes a lot less coordination. :) I hope you guys get to go a lot more!
ReplyDelete