Sunday, February 12, 2012

Leah's Hair Cut

The other night we had a surprise dinner guest. I found out . . . 10 minutes before he showed up and 12 minutes before we ate. The kids amazed me at how well they behaved while Levin and I talked with our guest after dinner. Due to the surprise I tried to keep him in the dining room away from the toy infested living room. The kids migrated downstairs after a while and sounded like they were having fun. Suddenly I realized the happy sounds had turned to quiet sounds. Ever mom knows that's bad. I took off running down the stairs. On my way there I heard the toilet lid slam and Oliver cry. I ran in, Oliver's hands are trapped under the toilet lid and seat and he's crying. I free him and realize he's been playing with my brush in the toilet. I hope this is the first time that's happened. Then Leah is sitting up on my counter half dressed and near my make-up which she has gotten into lately. I go to make sure all is safe when I noticed the counter is littered with pieces of hair, quite a lot of hair. Panic! This was the result.
I told her let's go show Daddy and she says "first put my hair back on." Sorry, kidd-o it doesn't work like that. The next day we took her to the salon and this is what we got.
It could have been soooo much worse and in some ways this is a huge blessing. She needed a haircut and now her hair looks thicker and less crazy though is still in her eyes. Another mom told me, well just keep putting the barrette back in that she pulls out, or use the little rubberbands that will hurt when she tries to pull them out. She acted like it was soooo easy. Well, she obviously doesn't know Leah. Leah will pull and pull and pull until she gets out whatever it is I've put in that she doesn't want - it doesn't matter how much it hurts her. Strong-willed child is what we call that. Overall it is for the best, but all the scissors have been relocated much higher and she hasn't done any crafting with scissors either.

3 comments:

  1. The new hair looks way cute! My sister's daughter turned 3 this week and she won't let anybody near her with scissors so it's NEVER been trimmed...maybe she should let her have the scissors and do it herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair cut is way cute. Someday when you have access to it you'll have to read Junie B. Jones is a Barbershop Guy. We've got it, but it's hardly worth shipping to you. But you'd get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete