They do Trick or Treating at the Embassy on the Friday before Halloween - so it was a little early. I was sick the entire week including that night so I missed most of the fun, but here are pictures and since I feel so much better now I can look at them and pretend I was there and happy!
Oliver is a monkey, Curious George to be precise. Leah as Minnie Mouse. We invited our friends the Petersons over again this year. They are the sweetest kids ever! I just love them and they play so well with my kids - or at least there is rarely any need to intervene - so I just love them even more for that! That Rapunzel wig is homemade and I was so super impressed by it. I did come upstairs to see the kids in their costumes so I wasn't the whole night down in my bed.
When Oliver saw Levin put on his cowboy hat to go around with the kids trick or treating he had to have his own hat on. He wasn't too thrilled to be Curious George (a hand-me-down costume) so the cowboy hat made him super happy.
Collecting their loot.
At home eating their loot. Oliver really wanted to be Mickey Mouse and I still kick myself that I didn't get him a costume so we could have had Minnie and Mickey, but by the time he started saying, no I'm going to be Mickey Mouse it was too late to get a costume here in the mail. We tried to soften it by telling him he could wear his Mickey Mouse shirt underneath his Curious George costume.
On actual Halloween a couple of really cool moms (not me, I'm not cool) organized a kid's party. Oliver chose to be last year's monster costume and I still had to have Levin come home from work to talk him into it which included the cowboy hat. He was coming to help me get the kids and the food there anyway. Just another perk of living at the Embassy and him only working 2 minutes away from home. Autumn was not happy that the tiger face kept falling and covering her eyes.I tried and tried to get a good picture, but another kid would always dance in front. The kids played musical statues - you dance until they stop the music and then you freeze. Oliver just stood there with this dazed look on his face staring at all the kids like they were crazy. At least when it was time to freeze he was in good position. The funny thing is they do musical statues every week at toddler music class another cool mom does. Oliver dances and has a ball every time so maybe it's just that monsters don't dance.
Here he is with his buddy Jacob. I think our camera has had one too many knocks and our flash is going weird. I know this isn't the best picture of Oliver, but that frown on his face above is just soooo Oliver that I had to post it anyway. If you look above Oliver's head my friend is holding Autumn for me so you can see her little tiger costume.
Oliver still looking sober, but at least now scowling.
Leah with some friends from last year's playgroup. They are younger than her, but super sweet girls. The one in the middle moved away this last week and I am sad.
I never got a picture of Autumn up close in her costume. This is while Levin was talking to his parents on Face Time. The lighting in our living room is horrid. I hate it. I just can't figure out how to call in a request to make my light bulbs brighter. Anyway, so still not the best picture, but isn't she a cute tiger!











No comments:
Post a Comment