Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Make-Over Stories

Today while at a friend's house my friend and I walked into their playroom to find Leah and her friend Alexis sitting in two chairs while Oliver and Jacob had toy hairdryers and were blow drying their hair.  Coincidentally, we had just been talking about gay rights.

Leah wanted to then do a make-over on me.  I said sure you can cut my hair, thinking she meant for pretend.  When she snipped at me with real scissors I kind of freaked out.  Then I handed her the practice scissors that say they specifically cannot cut hair, and cannot cut clothes.  She started snipping and then I teasingly said you didn't cut my hair for reals did you?  She said no, uh, uh, well, I can't tell.  Then she kept looking at my hair funny.  She walked out of the room, but kept sneakily looking back at my hair.  She almost walked straight into the stroller.  She confessed again that she couldn't tell if she'd cut my hair or not.  I told her, well there is no hair on the floor so I think you're okay.  Then she came in and tried to inconspicuously search the floor for hair.  I was busy feeding autumn baby food clean up lunch and blah, blah, blah.
Later she was cutting a pipe cleaner and I said, oh don't cut it.  She said I wasn't and chucked the practice scissors across the room.  I think, that girl has a guilty conscience.
My hair doesn't look cut though so I go on my way.  Then later I go into Oliver's room and there on the floor is a big chunk of my hair.  AAH!!  I pull my hair out of it's pony tail and I can only find one chunk.  I wore my hair wavy today so it's all stringy and gross by now so it's kind of hard to tell, but there is definitely one spot missing, but why was there so much hair - it looks like more than I am missing . . Levin's gone so there is no one to search harder.  I guess when I come it all out or straighten it we'll know.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! That is terrible....and kind of really funny! Bahaha! I do hope for your sake it isn't too bad. Looks like you have a future hair dresser in the making....

    ReplyDelete