Here we are at the Cape Coast slave castles. This and El Mina castle were not originally built for slave trade but in the end were used for that purpose more than any other. Millions and millions of slaves are thought to have passed through these two castles from all of West Africa. We were with some West Africans (I think Nigerians) on our tour of El Mina and I swear the girl was giving me dirty looks, but maybe I was just being sensitive.
This shot is the view from the El Mina slave castle. I mostly posted it so that you can see that bright yellow building on the right half of the picture. It is an LDS chapel. The first non-neutral colored one I have ever seen.

Here we are at the temple in Accra. It is beautiful on the outside, but the inside in amazing and it is one of my favorite temples on the inside.
Here we are in the Kakum rain forest. Leah is chowing on the Ergo Baby. Things didn't work out as well as last time and half of the canopy walk was broken so we spent a lot of time standing in the rain forest waiting for other people to get on and off the bridge so that we could get on.
Here we are walking across. You can't tell in the picture, but we are very high off the ground in the tops of the trees. Not that I know it either. Leah was getting a little grumpy after the long wait so I only did one plank. I am scared to death and realized after I'd returned that I'd never even looked down but was just watching my feet out of fear my clumsiness would cause me to fall and trip. Once we got back Levin read about the restrictions of how many people should be on the bridge at a time and the plat forms at a time. Oops! It was WAY overloaded just while we were there with these boys on a school field trip. Luckily Leah, Levin and I didn't go tumbling to our deaths.PS. I know that tennis shoes and capris are a bad fashion statement but when we were walking through ants I didn't regret my choice.
WOW! That is pure adventure!!!
ReplyDelete