Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mr. Milton: A Love Hate Relationship


M - M is for matter. Fecal matter that is. Miltons gets it off my vegetables.
I - is for illness. Miltons helps prevent it.
L - is for lettuce - oh how I miss it. Even with Milton's I worry all the nastiness isn't off the lettuce. And the lettuce here is often bitter and yucky so I rarely eat it at restaurants or at home. For a girl who once hated lettuce I sure do miss it now. For clarification I still hate lettuce on hot things, i.e. tacos, hamburgers, etc.
T - is for tub and teats (although I prefer the word nipple, "teats" is what Milton says on their label.) Before we take a bath in the tub, especially Leah, we dump a little Milton in. Milton says to wash the baby bottles and teats in it. I wash them in distilled water so I don't actually use Miltons for that.
O - is for onions. Onions have a lot of little layers so I take off the most outside, then soak them. Then sometimes there is still a black layer of dirt in them. I then wash it in tap water and just cook them really well.
N - is for not gonna miss ya Milton when I get out of Nigeria. Soaking vegetables in Miltons is just an annoying step and it takes 15 minutes. On a positive note, It works and it doesn't taste bad and afterwards I'll even eat an apple that has been soaked in it. AND when I see on the news about spinach or jalapenos that are making people sick in America I think, well if they all soaked everything in Miltons like I did this wouldn't be a problem.

2 comments:

  1. See, things like this make me think that eating organic isn't all its cracked up to be. I'm surprised that you haven't resorted entirely to processed and canned foods, just to avoid all the scary stuff in the produce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I don't have to live in Nigeria or ever have to use Miltons.

    ReplyDelete