Katie sang the song Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie. As soon as the first chords were played I instantly felt morning sick. By the end I wanted to throw up and I just knew the judges were give her negative feedback. I was shocked when they didn't because I was ready to run for the bathroom.
Here is the background to Big Girls Don't Cry. Levin and I loved that song! So for Valentine's Day 2008 I made him a cd and included that song. When I was morning sick with Leah we listened to it every day on our way to work I think partially because we kept forgetting to take other cds out to the car. You should have seen us driving around both of us singing at the top of our lungs! Then I got pregnant! At the time I was most morning sick with Leah they were doing construction on the main road and it was also rainy season. There were a lot of bumps! And maybe because of the nice beat of Big Girls Don't Cry, Levin would fly over those bumps. All the while I'm holding my stomach and praying to make it to work.
Every once in a while Levin will rotate back to that cd and if I am in the car with him I have to forbid the song, but usually I am too late and already hear the first chords and my stomach turns. So, maybe Big Girls Don't Cry, but big girls do get morning sick and I'm sorry Fergie, but I will never listen to that song intentionally again.
It's so funny how our body's remember those kinds of thing. I know I can't use the same toothpaste I used when I was pregnant with Michael without feeling like I'm going to throw up. I threw up 2 times when I pregnant with him, both after brushing my teeth.
ReplyDelete