Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catching Up With Leah

Here she is after she discovered how to climb onto the coffee table.
After a very long time of trying to introduce a "lovey" so she'd sleep better she finally attached to this blanket a little. Unfortunately, she is a lot more attached to it when she first wakes up than when she goes to sleep, but I swear she does sleep better now that she has a friend to go to bed with. She actually makes it through the night most nights now. It's a day I feared would never come.
I saw in the Flake Family Cookbook a recipe for homemade play dough and remembered my Mom used to make clay for us to play with. More for my own curiosity I made some. The first day Leah wasn't too interested, but she has had a few more days of a lot of fun with it. I have to lecture her every time before we play that it is not for eating and one day she did sneak in a pea size amount. There is nothing toxic, but TONS of salt. She didn't seem to mind, but hasn't eaten it since either.
Our friend Spencer teases Leah about being Oxford bound. He's the one that helped get the letter "a" off my finger and told her you can't get into Oxford with a mother like that (or something less mean than that.) Don't you think Leah looks Oxford bound in this picture? When I picture Levin going to school at Oxford with some C.S. Lewis type professor this is the look I imagine on his face. Don't you? Ha! Leah does love to climb in her book basket and read her books. One of the first times she did it Lucy was here and declared Leah a genius!
Do you have to learn how to use a spoon before you can go to Oxford? We're still working on that, but she loves yogurt and neither of us have the patience for me to feed it to her so this is what we get. Usually a bath follows.
Grandma Flake sent Leah this for Easter. She once saw an indoor cat at a friend's house and freaked out when it suddenly moved after sitting still for a while. She yelled and yelled at the cat and thereafter yelled and screamed at stuffed animals. Apparently those are days of the past because she LOVES this thing!

2 comments:

  1. She's so big! And definitely Oxford bound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I am glad she is sleeping better!

    ReplyDelete