Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye

Today is Lucy's last day - well I guess it is mine and Leah's last day with Lucy. She'll still come over every Wednesday until Levin leaves.
Leah of course doesn't know what's going on, but Lucy does and I think she is sooo sad. A few months ago when I told Lucy we were leaving in April she was speechless and I think almost cried. Today she told me again how much she will miss Lillian. Yes, she calls Leah by the name of Lillian. It was a mistake she made once that I didn't correct and well . . . . then I was too embarrassed to correct her. It kind of makes me laugh. I still call Leah by Leah in front of her, but she still calls her Lillian.
All the same, Leah loves her and loves to play with her and doesn't realize Lucy came to clean, not to play. Lucy is SOOO good with Leah. Once Lucy and Leah were playing downstairs and dancing to Leah's musical toy. In an effort to distract Leah so Lucy could go home I started dancing to the music too. Leah told me No! No! Lucy covered for Leah by saying she didn't want me to stress myself since I was pregnant.
I know the truth though. Leah knows that white girls can't dance. I just don't know if Leah realizes that she too is a white girl. Hmm . . .
Here are some pictures of them playing today.


Once again - just tilt your head left. The problem is I'm posting straight from the camera and not putting them on the computer so I have no way to edit. Sorry-o.

2 comments:

  1. So many changes in life huh!? Good Luck as you prepare to move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sad. It's hard to leave friends behind!

    ReplyDelete