So I went to visit a blog I read that has a "Feejit" like mine where it tells where you're logging on from. It said I was from Woodbridge, VA. Not sure why exactly it picked there, but it made me kind of sad to think I was just another little American flag registered on their blog instead of what I have become used to, my special green and white flag that adds a little "international flair" to people's blogs.
Things I've noticed about America.
1. Cheese is expensive (though not nearly as expensive as in Lagos)
2. It is a pain trying to get everything set up when you have a new phone number, a new address, and your name is still not legally changed since you got married. The bummer is I have to go through much of this again once I finally do change my name. Maybe I'll do another post on the issues of not having the same last name as your husband.
3. Everyone wants you to enter into a 2 year agreement. GRR! I won't be here for 2 years so I have to pay a penalty and not get as good of a "deal" or I have to call and beg to get out of my agreement and use words like, "it's kind of like my husband is in the military." This applies to cell phone, TV, and internet and I'm sure much more.
4. Moving into an empty house gets very expensive. Today I did Leah's bathroom set up with a new shower curtain, towels, etc. and it looks quite cute and it was fun to use my new cleaning products. But still, I'd rather spend my money on clothes than a curtain rod. I can't tell you how many miles and stores I have been into looking for the "right" and also cheapest thing like a towel bar.
5. I just heard a strange noise and I don't know if it was ice falling from my new refrigerator's ice machine or gun shots. I kind of miss my security guards and I am more motivated to get all my windows with curtains.
6. I just about had a heart attack when another piece of ice fell, but I am 99% convinced it is my ice maker. Still, I think I'll go to bed.
7. The house is much quieter than when you have a generator running outside and a bunch of loud a/c units running.
I know what a pain in the butt it is to not have the same last name as your husband. We were married 12 years before I finally changed my last name...why? I don't know...I thought it would be a pain in the butt but going through everything else turned out to be more of a pain than changing my name.
ReplyDeleteSo you're the Woodbridge, VA, person on my blog. I was starting to wonder if you were the Evansville, IN, if you were still staying with in-laws... (Who knows who that is then.) The Feejit does really weird things sometimes. It took me the longest time to figure out who was visiting my blog from Colorado Springs, but I'm pretty sure it's Ammy from Manassa. Odd.
ReplyDeleteAnyway... Welcome HOME!
I miss your little Nigerian flag, too. It made me feel very worldly to have people all over the globe reading my blog.
ReplyDelete