Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Vacation Day

This morning I declared summer vacation day! It started with Leah watching an abnormal amount of TV while I fed the animals and talked to Levin on the phone. Then we went outside. . .

Oliver chilled on the porch swing . .

while Leah and I blew bubbles and I gave Oliver an occasional push on the swing. That is until Leah spilled the bubbles. I decided since she was soapy she might as well wash up and go swimming. Note the bubbles liquid all over the back of her skirt here.
Here she is having a grand ol' time. She loves using the hose to fill it up as much as being in.

Oliver and I watched from the porch swing. FYI: This pacifier in his mouth is glow in the dark! What will they think of next? Having used it just last night for the first time I can say - it is a great idea.
As mentioned last time - Leah's diapers really absorb the water!

She loves to throw herself down in the pool. She does the same thing in the bath tub. I think her kerplunking herself down was too much for the diaper to handle and I think the top part exploded!
We took off her diaper and let her swim . . . diaperless. I was scared she'd get cancer or something swimming in all that gel stuff! Not so modest with nothing under the skirt, but laziness won and I still haven't bought Little Swimmers.
After that, I read my book. Now don't think I'm having marital problems by looking at the title. My mother-in-law had it (she's a counselor) and I am reading it. It is amazing! First, it makes me think Levin and I ain't doing to shabby in our marriage. But more than that, it is full of insights and great things on not just your marriage, but so much more! It's religious by-the-way. I am really enjoying it. So much better than a Mars and Venus book. Okay, I've never read those, but it is better than I imagine those Mars and Venus books to be.

The book must have been too boring for little O because he fell asleep.
The only thing we needed to make today complete were sno-cones. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment