Someone asked me a while back to do a post on what it's like to be pregnant and have a toddler. I tried several times to post about it, but it always turned out boring. Well, being pregnant with a toddler was never what I feared. I feared a baby (out of the womb) and a toddler. A scene at our house tonight illustrates what I feared.
Mommy needs a shower before church. Baby is in his bassinet in the bathroom. For some reason he always seems calm in this room. Plus, he is in eye sight so that toddler doesn't . . . um . . how to say this nicely . . attack him. Toddler is sitting outside the bathroom door eating a box of raisins. The raisins are meant to distract toddler so that she does not realize she is not allowed in the bathroom. She's not allowed for multiple reasons, but one is that she has recently discovered how fun it is to play in the toilet. Mommy is shampooing, toddler is screaming her guts out to get in the bathroom and baby is screaming because apparently he only likes the bathroom before his bath, not during Mommy's. Mommy has to wear a skirt tomorrow and in her rush to shave she cuts herself, something she hasn't done in years. I'd just skip shaving and wear a long skirt except baby has left me with a few extra pounds and none of my long skirts . . ahem . . fit right now.
I'm sure there are many worse stories out there, but I just thought I'd share a moment for all my friends who only have one child. Enjoy the one child days - but have a second one anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment