Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

My birthday was September 11th. We had a small party with Oliver's family on Friday, then on my actual birthday Amber and I went out to Mimi's Cafe and then shopping. Then on Sunday we had some old friends from our singles ward in northern Virginia come over. It was an awesome weekend.
Levin completely surprised me with an iPod. Yea! I'm a cool kid now. :) It actually is coming in handy with some teach yourself Russian software. I just need to use it more.

The Friday before my birthday Levin had to go into Washington to the USDA building for some work related stuff. I took the kids and walked around the mall and fed our parking meter. I got just short of Lincoln Memorial when I had to turn back for fear of a parking ticket. While at USDA Levin learned he'd gotten a $500 spot award. We'd already planned to go to my favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. Yum Yum! Since he got the award we splurged and got this scrum-diddly-umpcious cake for my birthday. It was so rich, so tall, and so wonderful! I want some so bad looking at it. We ate it Friday, Sunday, and Monday (sharing it of course) and I never tired of it.
Earlier, during the Flake reunion, Levin had surprised me with this beautiful print. His brother Lincoln lives in England and brought it with him. I'd never seen it before, but loved it. It is called Jesus' Childhood and is painted by Gerard von Honthorst (1590-1656). I got it framed and there she sits propped up on our mantel. Our sea shipment has not arrived yet, so all other wall decorations are still en route.
It was a great birthday! Oh, Mom I don't think I ever told you, but I got a pair of jeans and a case for my iPod with your birthday money. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I die. TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHAT FLAVOR OF CAKE THAT IS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary - it is at Cheesecake Factory and it is some peanut butter cake + cheesecake concoction. Sorry - forgot the name. BUT 25 cents from every slice goes to some charity to feed the hungry. Of course that is why we bought it. :) I can't even write about it without craving it from the depths of my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so i know im commenting on every single one of your post but i have to tell you that jeff and i have been staring at that pic of the cake for the last 5 mins thinking of all the yummy stuff we are going to eat when we get home. That caking being # 1 on our list right now!! And im the worst friend ever for not wishing you happy birthday! Soo happy really really belated b-day! And if this is not already long enough, i laughed really hard at you saying your a "cool kid" because you have a ipod! hahahha!!

    ReplyDelete