Friday, October 21, 2011

Reese's Cheesecake Recipe

Once a long time ago someone (Tiffany) told me to post the cheesecake recipe I made for Levin's birthday in April. I never did, but I'm going to now because this will help me not lose it since it was just an online recipe I found and not on a website I normally use so I won't know how to go back. I don't think I can make this again until I lose at least 10 pounds.

For the Crust
4 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
1/2 cup butter, melted

For the Filling
2 lbs cream cheese, softened
5 eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural style)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, broken into small pieces

For the Topping
3 oz sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
** We didn't actually make this topping. We found another one somewhere to do just like a chocolate glaze on the top. It'd probably be fine with no topping.

Directions
1. Please Note, Plan Ahead -- cheesecake needs to chill for at least 4 hours
2. To Make the Crust, combine crushed Oreos and peanuts that have been ground in a food processor with the melted butter. Pat the crust mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 10" springform pan.
3. Filling: Beat cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer until smooth
4. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition
5. Add sugar, peanut butter and cream; mix until smooth.
6. Stir in vanilla, then fold in peanut butter cup pieces with a rubber spatula.
7. Pour filling into prepared crust.
8. Place springform pan into a larger baking pan.
9. Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
10. Bake at 275 degrees F 1 1/2 hours or until firm and lightly browned.
11. For the topping: Combine the sour cream and sugar and spread on the cheesecake. Return cake to the oven for 5 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire wack for one hour.
13. You may run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan somewhat.
14. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Sure now ya post the recipe! I've been working out at the Y since the kids were back in school this fall and have lost 10 lbs...won't help any to have this yummy treat around! I'll have to wait for a special occasion or company over for dinner to have an excuse to try it. I looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Albert would love this! We'll see if I can get it together by his bday next week :)

    ReplyDelete