Friday, October 28, 2011

Story Time Slime

Sunday is Leah's favorite day of the week because it is "church-a-day." She's not so wild about regular church, but the girl loves nursery. Last week when I picked her up a teacher told me she was the life of the party in nursery. Later I realized, I hope he meant that in a good way.
The next favorite day of the week for Leah is Wednesday because it is story-time day. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Leah at actual story time, but they have stories and then an activity and this week they made slime. Leah kept calling it salami. Ha ha.
If you look closely you can see there is some on my wall and I found so much on my floor the next day that the slime has been confiscated. Here is the recipe and I was given some Borax by the Mom who read this week so maybe we can make some more another day.
Mix 4 oz glue and 4 oz water. May add some food coloring.
Mix 1 tsp. Borax and 1 c. water.
Add the two together and stir.
I cannot wait for the day when Oliver has all of his teeth. I will have to start thinking now of something we can do to celebrate. It takes every tooth a million years to come in, he usually gets them one at a time, and he is MISERABLE and therefore I am MISERABLE. Right now he's getting a molar and also two eye teeth (is that what they're called?) He has been waking up at 6 am, still grumpy, taking a morning nap after a long fight, and then needing a late afternoon nap. Add in that Leah is a scaredy cat and constantly runs into his room while I'm trying to get him to sleep . . . and you have a tired and grumpy mommy.
Oliver has been throwing himself down on the ground alot in his . . patheticness. Today I was worried he'd give himself a concussion. But I have learned a trick to get him to smile. Just pull out the camera. Then he busts out a smile. You put the camera away and he goes back to despairing. Bring it back and you get another little smile. If only I could walk around with a camera held up every hour he is awake, and find the trick to getting him to sleep. Oh, and did I mention I used our last dose of Tylenol today? Should make for a long night. I forgot to order so i will be 2 weeks before I get more and the Russian "Panadol" we bought requires you to give the kid like 3 ounces of nasty tasting medicine. It is impossible to get it all down his gullet. Everybody feel sorry for us now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment