Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Summer Adventures

 Since I am way behind on posting, these pictures will get mere captions.  But we had a lot of fun adventures this summer and I'm sure some were not pictured.  And these may not be in order, I'm too tired to remember.
 Leah with her cousin Jordan at BYU's Paleontology Museum.
 Grandma had the boys go on a treasure hunt and they found matching pajamas!  Oliver was SOOOOO excited.  I can still remember his face when he came to show me.  He loved wearing them!
 Since I didn't get to be in Manassa for Pioneer Day I wanted to do something else special.  Aunt JaLayne and Uncle David were visiting and no one wanted to fight the crowds in Salt Lake so we went to Cedar Fort.  My mother-in-law had ancestors that founded it.  The parade was . . . uh, the worst I've ever seen.  I can't imagine a "parade" that could have been worse, but it was fun.  Here is Lucinda and Leah.  Lucinda is in her pioneer/amish outfit.
 Leah with her candy.
 Everyone in the pool.
 The bouncy castle place.  We went there first with Uncle Randy's family, then with some of Aunt JaLayne's kids, and then alone once Daddy was in Utah.  I have no idea which time this was.  Leah got less brave every time with this big slide.
 Oliver with Dallan.  He just LOVED his boy cousins.  I think they helped him grow up out of his babyhood before Autumn came.
 After Autumn was born we were all a lot more tired.
 Oliver shooting his gun at Daddy after he got his prized cow-boo hat.
 Three generations of goat ropers.
 He really did love his cow-boo hat.  He even had to eat in it.
 Leah going for a ride with her second cousin at a Stake party.
 Oliver after he begged me to take his picture.

 Leah with Lucinda.  When we did fireworks on the 4th of July Leah was TERRIFIED!  But on the 24th of July she had Lucinda to sit next to and suddenly she wasn't scared at all.
 Three generations of lazy man. :)
 The kids playing at McDonalds a few minutes before my mother-in-law lost Leah and called 911.  Turns out Leah was on top of the slide waiting to go down because someone was blocking it.  Luckily she wore white pants so my mother-in-law spotted her just as 911 was answering.
 Daddy made a slip 'n slide.  Leah loved it, Oliver . . . not so much.  Oliver preferred the pool.


 Riding horses at Uncle Lawrence's.

 I was up on a balcony as Autumn was only a week old I didn't want to RIDE horses.  I was praying the horse didn't start bucking and 3 of my children die.

 How can you be a cowboy if you're barefoot?  His shoe fell off a little ways back.
A different time at the Kangaroo Zoo.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I never would have thought the Cove Fort parade would be awful. Even our small town of 100 we use to live in could turn out a good parade. Although all that really means is that the kids in the parade threw out so much candy they could then walk the parade route in reverse and pick up tons off the ground.
    Love seeing pictures of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a little town like 25 minutes west of Lehi and well, I guess I was expecting more because my own little town puts on a very impressive one (considering our size) with great floats, etc. This one . . . not so much.

      Delete