Friday, June 14, 2013

Istanbul - Night Shots & Last Post

Our last night we went back to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia.  I think we spent forever taking pictures by this fountain.  In the background is the Blue Mosque.



 Now with Hagia Sophia in the backgrouna.

 It took forever trying to get someone to take a picture of all of us - and I have my eyes closed in the first one and the second one Autumn is clearly losing her patience.  She was very good the whole trip, but we had put her through too much at this point.

I don't know why, but we didn't get a picture of the Grand Bazaar.  We bought some brightly colored bowls and then decided we wanted two more so we went back, but couldn't find exactly what we wanted or the stall we had originally been at for a very long time.  Of course, once we found the stall we found what we wanted everywhere and don't know why we couldn't find it before.  We got home and realized however we probably cant serve food out of them even though the salesman said we could, so it was probably a waste.  I am a little sad we didn't just buy one for decoration.  Live and learn!
We also went to the spice market which we weren't that impressed with.  We actually did buy some spices, but in a shop, not at the spice market.  We learned all about saffron, very interesting actually, but I will not write about it here.
There wasn't sooo much to see there so we were able to be a little relaxed in our touring so that was nice and fun.  As I write this they are having protests and issues there so I'm glad we went when we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment