We saw this in Israel too, but many places had fresh squeezed pomegranate or orange juice. Once, I decided I needed to try the pomegranate. It was a little sour, but a good experience. Here is his juicer.
One night we saw a huge fruit juice stand - the strange thing is we only saw them once, but there was more than one right here in the same location. Levin got fresh squeezed pineapple juice (so good!) and I got mango juice. It cost a little more, maybe less juice per fruit is my analysis. It was delicious though!I realized, here is my chance to get Levin in one of the pictures so we had an employee take our picture.
Then he handed Levin the camera and wanted a picture with me. So here I am . . but i don't know his name.
We ate so many of these baklava. My thighs are still bigger because of them. The strange thing is, I'd say, no don't buy more, I don't even like them that much. Then Levin would buy some and I'd say, I just want one bite. Uh . I just want one piece, uh maybe another. Okay, and then I'd have to go buy more. Something about that buttery goodness. But even looking at them now I don't want one. But I know if I tasted one, I'd have to finish it and eat more. Levin had this crazy idea that only one shop sold these particular ones, but finally I convinced him (had to prove it by showing him) that other shops sold this variety too. But he would still only buy them from "our place." Luckily or unluckily, it was between our hotel and Hagia Sophia and the tram stop. So we passed it often.
For meals we ate at a restaurant once, we ate baklava so we didn't need meals, and we ate schwarma which they have here too - a bunch of meat on a stick that they shave off pieces and put it in a type of wrap. By the end I never wanted one again. So far I have stuck with that feeling.
Oh, and one night I had an interesting experience ordering Dominos pizza with our hotel's front desk guy. We ordered too much so I took him and the door man our left overs. I know kind of tacky, but I did it, and there was an older couple from Canada there that had just arrived that night, and they took some too! I had a fun experience chatting with all of them and took a while so Levin was just about to come looking for me.
The breakfast at the hotel was beautiful, but disgusting! A lot of mystery items and oh, by the way Turkish Delight is disgusting. Yep. We brought some home and it was not a temptation in the slightest for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment